spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerbo,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep us posted.

Pat,

I mean the boys tank which has a thick band on the arms. She said it wasn't as good as the capped sleeve, but good enough. You can have her wear any kind of boy's t-shirt with any kind of sleeve.

I just got tired of the body suits ripping from all the wash and wear. They take forever to hang dry. I am having her repair the ripped ones. I just thought it would be fun to wear something different for a change.

Monday is Nicole's 18 mont mark of wearing her Spinecor. I am so proud of her when I think of her dedication, as I'm sure you all are with your kids.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Ahhh Gerbo, so sorry to hear this! I'll be thinking of your mum tomorrow. One more thing, did you do a thorough check and interview the anesthesiologist as well????

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Gerbo

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Bizzleber

My daughter is an xs those bodysuits are expensive!! That is very genorous I wil PM you

Thank you
        Christine
        from CT, USA
        6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
        8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
        10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
        10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
        10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
        4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
        8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
        2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
        3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• Gerbo,

My dad had triple cardiac bypass surgery in 2000 (right around the time David was diagnosed - OUCH!) - but he is doing fine now. You and your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• Great news - MRI IS NORMAL!! I will be back Thurs., MONTREAL BOUND!!!!!

Christine
            from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Christine,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Have a wonderful, successful trip!!
              Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Gerbo,
                How is your mom?
                I hope all is well.
                Cheryl
                God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• thank you all for thoughts and prayers, which clearly have helped. She's done well, as far as we know, although she had to cope with one day postponement when an emergency had to be fitted in. (after she had made a fuss about being given MALE operation trousers!! The thought!)

She had only a single bypass which was done telescopically, i.e. without opening the thorax, so recovery should be quick.

I as ked the surgeon before the operation whether he had been to america to learn this approach (where it originated) but no, he said; just watched the video and tried it out. Clever people!

best wishes to you all, my friendly friends

gerbo

Comment

• Gerbo,

I am so happy that everything is turning out well. Thoughts and prayers are with you today all the way from the United States.
                    Melissa

Comment

• Gerbo

Thank goodness all went well. I am very happy for you.

Christine
                      from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Hey gang ,

I'll be missing in action until next Monday. So sorry I won't be around to see what mischief you're all getting yourselves into.... Hee hee

Canadian eh
                        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• what happened to laptop? Internetcafe?

.....hope and trust you'll have a good time.

gerbo

Comment

• I can't bring the laptop along. I promised the kids a fun filled week but I will try to sneak in a update from an internet cafe.

Canadian eh

Comment

• Bonjour de la belle province!

I have to make this a quickie update as my two kids are giving me the dirtiest looks and are threatening to leave me. Deirdre was fitted with a new brace because I couldn`t bear to see her in the old one.... her curve is holding at "1" degree. I was also able to get the latest x-ray on disc so I will post when I get back home on Monday. Drs Rivard and Coillard were wonderful as usual! Hope everyone is well.

Canadian eh

Comment

• celia,

what fabulous news! i can't wait to see the straight x-ray. have a wonderful time in montreal. i look forward to "talking" more when you get home.

deshea
                                mom to lucas 6 1/2 yrs old with infantile scoliosis diagnosed at 18 mos 68o/45o;
                                spinal detethering due to a tight/fatty filum at 22 mos;
                                tlso and charleston brace from 18 mos to 2 1/2 yrs old at children's boston, ma;
                                serial plaster casting from 2 1/2 until 4 1/2 at shriners in erie, pa;
                                now in a spinecor brace at 21o/19o from montreal. next appt. sept 2008
                                and ruby (3 1/2 yrs old and a handful!)
                                north of boston, ma

Comment

Working...
                                X