spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice one Celia!!

I assumed it was diapers by the content of the discussion, however it was worth the laugh playing dumb.

Imagine the problems we would have with landfills if everyones dog wore "nappies"
    from CT, USA
    6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
    8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
    10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
    10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
    10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
    4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
    8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
    2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
    3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• cotton ones? shake them, wash them, dry them and re-use them

Comment

• Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• gerbo,

Call me crazy, but that's what I did even though I had two babies in diapers at the same time! Washed them, and hung them out on the clothes line to dry. I did it for my kids, but would not do it for a dog! Oh, and I'm sure the astronaut would not have time for that, after all she was on a kidnapping mission.

Melissa,

Don't worry about us not getting much snow yet. I have a feeling we'll be getting some snow next weekend. Tracy has to have 8 teeth out on the 16th, so with our luck, we'll get a major snow storm and she won't be able to play in it! My girls had a 2 hours delay yesterday, how about your kids?

Mary Lou
          Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

• We have had no delays because we have only had a dusting so far.

They actually make diapers for dogs for Parents who are at work all day.

Christine,

I totally read about that idea with the bell in some training articles. It sounds great. Jake just goes to the door and cries. Or he goes to the door and waits for someone to notice and then he stares really hard at that person.
            Ironically, we are taking Roxy to the cardiologist on Valentine's Day. I don't know what I will do if the news isn't positive. I really can't deal with another big thing. They will do some tests and determine if the murmur is benign.
            Christine,
            I forget if your dogs are big. Are they indoor dogs? I have never met anyone who has more than 2 or 3 dogs. You must be a real dog lover. My friend is like that. She is involved in rescue for Springers and she has 3 dogs of her own.

Mary Lou,

My sister is very into the environment and she uses cloth diapers. She is the one who had a baby naturally, then adopted one from China, and now is pregnant!!

I think we got a little off topic today. But getting back to scoliosis, has anyone seen that jewelry commercial where the diamond necklace looks like a curved spine?
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• A few days ago the subject for the "Top Ten" on David Letterman was "How do you know when an Astronaut is trying to kill you?" One of the questions was "Someone tries to poison your Tang" and then there was another "Houston we have a problem...." Sorry, this is very serious but while we're on the topic of ridiculous..... my MIL suggested that I carry along toilet paper and wipe the dog's butt after each bowel movement to prevent the dog from wiping/rubbing herself on the floors. What's really scary about this is she wasn't kidding!

Last edited by Celia; 02-08-2007, 04:38 PM.

Canadian eh
              Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Melissa
                My dogs range from 100 lbs down to 20 lbs. And yes they are all indoor dogs.I know I am nuts!! I will not have that many again. I got them all B.C. (before children) So it is a bit of work and expense (3 are geriatric). 2 or 3 is managable. Let us know how her cardiologist appt. works out. I think whatever the outcome it is best to know.

Celia

I would do just about anything for my dogs except carry toilet paper!!
                from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Last edited by cherylplinder; 02-10-2007, 04:53 PM.
                  God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Hey, Cheryl!!!!
                    It seems that you´re trying "to come back", I hope you are going to resolve your technical hitch! I´ve been missing you !!
                    Hugs
                    2004: Daughter diagnosed at 13 L38º. Risser 0.
                    Treatment: Cheneau brace
                    2009: Brace free, 18 years old, Risser 5, L25º

Comment

• older son of nearly 15 just left on schooltrip to Austria (small mountanous country in Europe (continent north of africa)), well known as backdrop for the film the "Sound of music" (the hills are alive etc...), where he will be snowboarding for a whole week. First time he is away from us for such a long time. It'll be quiet in the house...

Comment

• Hi all!!!
                        We finally have a working computer again! I've missed talking to you!

Gerbo,
                        How was your son's trip?

Celia,
                        When is your next appointment?
                        God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Welcome Back, Cheryl
                          Melissa
                          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Hi Cheryl,

It's so great to hear from you again!!!! How's your mom? How are you? It's sooo great that Rachel's curve is holding and the message is "clear sailing ahead" from Dr. Rivard!!!! YEAH!!!!!

We're in Montreal the week of March 12. I probably won't have computer access that week unless I bring along the laptop which I'll probably do anyway

Canadian eh

Comment

• Hi everyone

I need to vent again. My daughter had an MRI on Tuesday. I have been on pins and needles waiting for results, I wait the 3 days and call and the doctor is at a conference till Tuesday and noone else can give me results!!!!

I am also anxious because our next Montreal appt is this coming Thurs!!!

Do you all want a laugh to help you appreciate you doctors. My mother has been sick she has seen a ton of docs the last 3 months. (of course I bring her to all of them) We get an MRI of her brain done. The receptionist at her regular care doctors office calls me on Monday to give me results. She babbles off a bunch of s****. I say can you have the doctor call me to explain what all that means and she says "I am sorry we have a no call back policy" "You need to come in for an office visit" What the H***. I can not switch he dr because she has been going there for some 20 years and is comfortable.

Thank you for listening
                              Christine
                              from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Christine,

Waiting is the hardest part! The odds are in your favour that they won't find anything, I think it's something like 20% probability that there ~is~ a problem. Your appointment in Montreal is next week????? Time does fly....

What's wrong with your mom?

Canadian eh

Comment

Working...
                                X