No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My surgeon has come to my rescue again.What my pain management Doctor, Dr Hata, wanted to do was going to take several weeks which I don't have. So Dr Bederman called Dr Hata and got him to do a slightly different procedure. This should give me the same pain relief in less time than the other
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• I'm so impressed with Dr. Bederman. He has some very rare qualities in a doctor. The word that comes to mind is Humanitarian. Best of luck with the new procedure Melissa!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Well, today , Friday I had the test that Dr Bederman sent to Dr Hata for. It was a bi-lateral C2 selective nerve block . If this test gave me pain relief then the surgery that Dr Bederman could do would give me long term relief. Well, this is the best thing that has happened to me in a while. My neck feels great so now I have to get a surgical date with Dr Bederman so my neck will feel this good for a lot longer.

I am also going to have left side greater Troch injection and a bi-lateral intrarticular Hip Injections.

So life is looking good. I am hoping to get my hips done after the first of the year

Thanks everyone for your prayers and good wishes.
        Melissa

Comment

• Great news!!!

I've been popping in here looking for news, and I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you. You must be excited!

Comment

• Melissa,
            My computer has been acting up, so I haven't been on here for awhile. It's great to hear that your neck feels better and that there is a procedure to make the pain stop. It's about time for you to feel better! (((HUGS)))
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

• I just found out from Dr Bederman that he cannot do this surgery until Oct at the earliest which leaves me out because I will not have my good insurance then

Melissa
              Melissa

Comment

• Nooooooooooo.

I'm so sorry to hear this....I'm hoping there'll be a cancellation or something will happen to enable you to have this surgery before your insurance runs out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                  Nooooooooooo.

I'm so sorry to hear this....I'm hoping there'll be a cancellation or something will happen to enable you to have this surgery before your insurance runs out.
                  Thanks Jennifer
                  Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    I just found out from Dr Bederman that he cannot do this surgery until Oct at the earliest which leaves me out because I will not have my good insurance then

Melissa
                    I assume that you have appealed DIRECTLY to Dr. Bederman to see if he can get you in this month.
                    Susan
                    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
                      I assume that you have appealed DIRECTLY to Dr. Bederman to see if he can get you in this month.
                      Susan
                      He emailed me this morning , in response to my email about the success of my test . I have an appt with him Wednesday and I know that he will do anything he can to help me. He may not be booked with surgeries as he does go out town to give lectures

So I will just have to get thru the weekend and talk with him Wednesday

Thanks for caring
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        He emailed me this morning , in response to my email about the success of my test . I have an appt with him Wednesday and I know that he will do anything he can to help me. He may not be booked with surgeries as he does go out town to give lectures

So I will just have to get thru the weekend and talk with him Wednesday

Thanks for caring
                        Sometimes I have found that there is a communications disconnect between the office personnel and the doctor. I retired as a Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner from a busy practice at Kaiser Permanente. If I had a patient that I knew well, I frequently could change my schedule to accomodate her or see her through my lunch time. It doesn't hurt to make that personal connection. Best of luck to you and I do care as do so many others on this blog. Not having insurance or having decreased coverage is a bummer....You have been through so much! I wish you well.
                        Hugs, Susan
                        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• I'm sure if there's anything Dr. Bederman can do to help, he will do it. This surgery is so important for you and he will know that. I look forward to hearing the outcome of your appt. on Wednesday. Good luck Melissa!

Comment

• You should place your surgery date but tell the dr that if there are any cancelations that you want to go next
                            Thats what happened go me and if there isn't a cancelation then cancel your surgery date

Comment

• Melissa...

Can't you Cobra?

--Linda
                              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                                Melissa...

Can't you Cobra?

--Linda
                                Linda, we are just coming off of Cobra. Since my husband does not have a job, we have to purchase our insurance by ourselves. When he gets a job, then hopefully I can back on group insurance.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X