September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
    The day will come Melissa! You're still healing and you have more surgery coming, but the day is coming that you will have all this surgery and healing over with, and you will be able to do the things you want and need to do. I for one, and I'm sure many others, will stay with this forum to hear about it. If anybody deserves it, it's you.
    Thanks Jennifer
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Is there any way that you can get your doctor to give you strong pain and sleeping medicine so that you can travel? My doctor gave me extra meds when I told him we were going on a two week vacation a few years ago. Sometimes they will do that because they know it's temporary. You need to be able to have enough freedom from pain to live as normal of life as possible. I took the meds only while on the trip because of the extra pain I was in from traveling. I had a WONDERFUL vacation and no worries about "what if" I get into pain while I'm gone. It gives real peace of mind even if you end up not needing the extra meds.

Please let us know about your son's x-rays if you find out today.

((((HUGS))))
      Rohrer01
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        Is there any way that you can get your doctor to give you strong pain and sleeping medicine so that you can travel? My doctor gave me extra meds when I told him we were going on a two week vacation a few years ago. Sometimes they will do that because they know it's temporary. You need to be able to have enough freedom from pain to live as normal of life as possible. I took the meds only while on the trip because of the extra pain I was in from traveling. I had a WONDERFUL vacation and no worries about "what if" I get into pain while I'm gone. It gives real peace of mind even if you end up not needing the extra meds.

Please let us know about your son's x-rays if you find out today.

((((HUGS))))
        Rohrer01
        There are no drugs except for morphine that help me and no doctor is going to give it to me except when I am in the hospital so that is not a option

I am waiting anxiously for Dr Bederman to get back to me
        Melissa

Comment

• Fentanyl is stronger than morphine, and I have had scripts for that. It comes in more than just a patch. You might ask your doctor to prescribe it ONLY for a rescue for when you are on vacation. Just a thought. I think they can prescribe morphine, too. I don't see why thy wouldn't prescribe it for a rescue so you can go on vacation. If I were a doctor, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to prescribe on a short term basis for REAL pain patients.

I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your son's x-ray, as well!
          Be happy!
          but we are alive today!

Comment

Fentanyl is stronger than morphine, and I have had scripts for that. It comes in more than just a patch. You might ask your doctor to prescribe it ONLY for a rescue for when you are on vacation. Just a thought. I think they can prescribe morphine, too. I don't see why thy wouldn't prescribe it for a rescue so you can go on vacation. If I were a doctor, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to prescribe on a short term basis for REAL pain patients.

I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your son's x-ray, as well!
            Thanks for the information about the drugs. I will talk to pain management. I am waiting for Dr Bederman to get to me as well. I don't want to bother him
            Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
              What were his symptoms?
              Melissa,
              My son was only one at the time. His head was growing disproportionately larger than his body and he was slightly (a few months) speech delayed. I think my pediatrician just felt he had to do the test for precautionary reasons. Have you had your son's tests yet?

Best,
              Evelyn
              age 48
              80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
              Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
              Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
              Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
              Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
                Melissa,
                My son was only one at the time. His head was growing disproportionately larger than his body and he was slightly (a few months) speech delayed. I think my pediatrician just felt he had to do the test for precautionary reasons. Have you had your son's tests yet?

Best,
                Evelyn
                No my son is scheduled to have the MRI done Thursday.
                Melissa

Comment

I am waiting for Dr Bederman to get to me as well. I don't want to bother him
                  Dr Bederman emailed me this morning and told me that he did not get out of surgery until midnight last night and has surgery scheduled today as well. He will get back to me tomorrow so I will just have to wait
                  Melissa

Comment

• I know the waiting is hard. But he must be a phenomenal doctor to take the time to e-mail you to let you know why he's been delayed. He seems like he truly cares and is not in it for the money, although with a personality like that deserves every penny he makes!
                    Be happy!
                    but we are alive today!

Comment

I know the waiting is hard. But he must be a phenomenal doctor to take the time to e-mail you to let you know why he's been delayed. He seems like he truly cares and is not in it for the money, although with a personality like that deserves every penny he makes!
                      I know . I am so blessed that Linda guided me to him. When I see how little he gets from my insurance company, I cry
                      Melissa

Comment

No my son is scheduled to have the MRI done Thursday.
                        I'll have my fingers crossed for you and your son x
                        27 yr old Female.
                        Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
                        Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
                        Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

• Good news about son's Xrays

From Dr Bederman:
                          they look very mild (approx 15 degrees in lumbar spine). I would recommend that the curve just be followed periodically but no treatment required now.
                          Melissa

Comment

• That's pretty good, Melissa. Three of my 4 daughters have slight scoliosis also. The youngest has the most and so far she's maintained with chiro care. Hope it stays OK for him! Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doodles View Post
                              That's pretty good, Melissa. Three of my 4 daughters have slight scoliosis also. The youngest has the most and so far she's maintained with chiro care. Hope it stays OK for him! Janet
                              I hope so as well. Tomorrow is the MRI, which worries me more
                              Melissa

Comment

• Good news that his curve is so small! I'm hoping that the MRI turns up nothing abnormal. It will be good to get rid of that stress! My thoughts are with your family.
                                Be happy!
                                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                                X