September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSKOCH5 View Post
    Dear Melissa- just read, hadn't been on in a week or so. Cannot believe all that you have gone through, it's unbelievable- but am so thankful none of you were there. Truly sorry for the loss of the sentimental items. Am amazed by your calm & strength in the face of all this - peace of turning it all over to Him? Sending hugs & as always, prayers. LeighAnn
    That morning, last Tuesday the day of the fire , before I knew about it, my daily devotion was to turn your worries over to God and so I asked Him for help in doing so. After that , it just seemed to flow straight to God. He is in charge and will take care of us, if we just let Him
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Off to see my new pain management Doctor. Hopefully, some good news
      Melissa

Comment

• Good news .I really liked this Doctor. Great Personality. He will give me an SI injection next week. We also talked about an bone stimulator.

Bad news. No pain meds. The only drug that I haven't had is morphine. So I am on Robaxin until I see the Fibro DR in May.

He wants me to have brain studies as I was having problems following his fingers with my eyes. Always something,isn't it?
        Melissa

Comment

• well, i'm glad you will be getting injections...
          SI shots were the only shots that have ever helped me...

no doctor could explain why....didn't make sense to them why injecting in that spot (on both sides)
          would give so much relief...
          i was just happy something worked...
          i really hope the shots work for you...
          when i had them, they kicked in really FAST...within a day, after the soreness at the injection
          sites went away, i started to feel pain relief in lower spine...by second day, i was happy...

i hope you have enough pain meds from previous doctor visits...
          not sure i remember what Robaxin is...
          does it have another name...? maybe i'll look it up...

hope you feel better soon....

jess....& Sparky

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
            well, i'm glad you will be getting injections...
            SI shots were the only shots that have ever helped me...

no doctor could explain why....didn't make sense to them why injecting in that spot (on both sides)
            would give so much relief...
            i was just happy something worked...
            i really hope the shots work for you...
            when i had them, they kicked in really FAST...within a day, after the soreness at the injection
            sites went away, i started to feel pain relief in lower spine...by second day, i was happy...

i hope you have enough pain meds from previous doctor visits...
            not sure i remember what Robaxin is...
            does it have another name...? maybe i'll look it up...

hope you feel better soon....

jess....& Sparky
            Hi guys

Robaxin is a muscle relaxer.

There are no pain meds that help so I can only hope that the injections help
            Melissa

Comment

• Hi Melissa,

Very glad to hear you are happy with your new doctor and that he offers the possibility of relief from the SI injection. I am wondering if your eyes weren't following his fingers correctly because of the medication you're on. I guess he would have taken that into account.

Good luck Melissa, you're overdue some good news, and your time will come.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• when i looked up Robaxin, it said that it can help with fibromyalgia as well...
                i really hope it helps with your pain...

jess

Comment

• I'm really glad you liked your new doctor! In all honesty, sometimes muscle relaxants work better than pain meds if it is muscle related. You can still take tylenol, right? If so, I would take a dose of tylenol with the muscle relaxant. You might be surprised at how much relief you get. Besides, you don't want to be dependent on narcotics when you have your shoulder surgery this summer. If you can get by with this and some injections, it really will be the best thing for you. I'd check with your doctor, but sometimes I throw in a benadryl (same ingredient as in tylenol PM) to get some rest. I hope you feel much better and soon!
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Melissa--
                    So hoping the combination of SI shots, muscle relaxers, and a great personable doctor works out for you! Janet
                    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Good luck with everything Melissa.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

• Good news with the fire. We found in our rental garage my parents copy of my wedding album so we have many pictures

Bad news with the pain management doctor. The way they make appts does not work for me. They start with the next available day and fill up all times until the end of the day and then they start with the next day. I need to have an late afternoon appt so my husband does not have to take off so much time from work. So I am back to square 1
                        Melissa

Comment

• Melissa...

That's great news about the pictures.

In regard to the pain management doc, would it be possible to call several times per day until until you can get something toward the end of the day? Or, perhaps you could look into paratransit. I used the paratransit system last year, until I was able to start driving again.

--Linda
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                            Melissa...

That's great news about the pictures.

In regard to the pain management doc, would it be possible to call several times per day until until you can get something toward the end of the day? Or, perhaps you could look into paratransit. I used the paratransit system last year, until I was able to start driving again.

--Linda
                            Thanks for the suggestion about the transit . However, first of all, with the SI injection, they will not release you unless you have a ride home and secondly, where I live there is no public transportation

Melissa
                            Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                              Thanks for the suggestion about the transit . However, first of all, with the SI injection, they will not release you unless you have a ride home and secondly, where I live there is no public transportation

Melissa
                              I would recommend talking to the doctor himself. I was having a hard time getting appointments with my doctor that handles my pain meds. When I talked to him about it, he told me exactly how to get around his "staff". The majority can probably handle this type of appointment scheduling, but you are the minority and may need to have a serious sit down with him - even if it's over the phone. Most doctors are willing to bend to accomodate patients that really need their help.

Rohrer01
                              Be happy!
                              We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                              but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                                I would recommend talking to the doctor himself. I was having a hard time getting appointments with my doctor that handles my pain meds. When I talked to him about it, he told me exactly how to get around his "staff". The majority can probably handle this type of appointment scheduling, but you are the minority and may need to have a serious sit down with him - even if it's over the phone. Most doctors are willing to bend to accomodate patients that really need their help.

Rohrer01
                                Good idea Thanks for the suggestion
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X