Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doreen1 View Post
    Hi Melissa,

Pick up a pedometer, start out slow (maybe 1/2 mile every day for a week), then increase to 1 mile/day the next week, etc. That's what I've been doing and am now walking over 2 miles a day. I eager to see Dr. Lenke this week and ask him when I can walk on hilly sidewalks. His nurse told me to stay off inclines for now so my 2 mile daily trek is quite boring in my house, but at least I'm getting it done.

I'm thrilled to hear you not only have a plan for your pain issues, but you have found a home! Continued prayers for you and your family, Melissa.

Warmly,
    Doreen
    Thanks Doreen for the great suggestion. I will go and purchase one this week. I guess Target should have them. I am glad to hear from you and to hear that you are doing well. Hope your appt goes well with Dr Lenke and please keep us informed.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Thanks everyone .You guys are my cheering section as well. I will be around for the next 18 months or so .
      Melissa

Comment

• YEAH on the house!! Congratulations!

I agree with the advice to take it slow in walking. I remember overdoing the walking in the beginning. It can be easy to push yourself in the moment, but then you suffer for it later!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

• Originally posted by debbei View Post
          YEAH on the house!! Congratulations!

I agree with the advice to take it slow in walking. I remember overdoing the walking in the beginning. It can be easy to push yourself in the moment, but then you suffer for it later!
          Yes I know. Saturday I overdid it and paid for it yesterday
          Melissa

Comment

• Congratulations on the house. Yes, we are all cheering for you.
            I bought a Mia pedometer that I really like because it is lightweight and thin. I just slip it in my pocket each morning. I am on my second one because I accidentally sent it through the washing machine. Like I said, it is really lightweight.
            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
            Rib Hump-GONE!
            Age-60 at the time of surgery
            Now 66
            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

• I am trying to find a therapist to give me the Myofascial Release Therapy here where I live but so far no luck. I will keep on trying
              Melissa

Comment

• Congrats on the house Melissa! It will be a big effort to move, but take that slow and easy as well. We have been in our house one year today and we still have pictures not on the walls, boxes unopened (mostly my husbands) and things sitting on the floor not put away. I guess we would rather be doing other things. I hope all of your Doctors can get you feeling much better.
                Sally
                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
                  Congrats on the house Melissa! It will be a big effort to move, but take that slow and easy as well. We have been in our house one year today and we still have pictures not on the walls, boxes unopened (mostly my husbands) and things sitting on the floor not put away. I guess we would rather be doing other things. I hope all of your Doctors can get you feeling much better.
                  Sally
                  Thanks Sally. I did most of the packing last spring by myself so unpacking with help will be easier. Unpacking is always easy .I have made many friends here that will help as well. I am very hopeful that all of my new doctors will be able to help me feel better and get back to life
                  Melissa

Comment

• Still trying to find a myofascial release therapist near me. No luck
                    Melissa

Comment

• Hi Melissa...

Are you still in regular physical therapy? And, are you doing daily PT exercises? They really can make a difference.

--Linda
                      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                        Hi Melissa...

Are you still in regular physical therapy? And, are you doing daily PT exercises? They really can make a difference.

--Linda
                        Yes I am to both of the questions. I have dropped the sessions to 2X a week in order to save them for my shoulder
                        Melissa

Comment

• Well, I had a horrible night's sleep due to pain but I actually feel awake. Off to PT
                          Melissa

Comment

• My shoulder doctor appt tomorrow may be cancelled due to the weather. I wonder how long I will have to wait for another appt?
                            I am in so much pain
                            Melissa

Comment

• I'm happy to hear the news about the house. Hope you feel better.

Comment

• Thanks John. I really appreciate your good wishes
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X