No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am glad that I am an inspiration to someone. I feel that during my life I have not accomplished much of anything. Today was a decent day as I did much during
    rehab and now I am really very tired. I found out why my incensions feel different to me. He closed them with staples instead of stitches because he was very
    nervous about me stopping breathing during the surgery.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Glad to hear your medication has been increased and your pain is more bearable. I hope you are getting excellent care at rehab. Does Dr. Bederman visit you there? I hope it's not long before your arm recovers and you can worry less. Wishing you the best and following your news every day.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
        Glad to hear your medication has been increased and your pain is more bearable. I hope you are getting excellent care at rehab. Does Dr. Bederman visit you there? I hope it's not long before your arm recovers and you can worry less. Wishing you the best and following your news every day.
        Yes Dr Bederman can visit me here. My husband , my son and myself were sitting in the general area of rehab this afternoon playing games. This man comes over
        to us like he knows us. He is dressed in jeans , sport shirt and a fleece jacket. It is Dr Bederman. He has given a series of lectures at the hospital and was dropping over to see me before he left. He looked so different than how I usually see him.

Yes having my meds increased has been great.
        Last edited by mabeckoff; 11-13-2011, 08:05 AM.
        Melissa

Comment

• Good to hear Melissa!

Comment

• I just got up Sunday and my shoulders are killing me. That is because of my right arm not being strong enough to pull myself out of bed. It is for me even with
            someone helping me.
            Melissa

Comment

• Hey Melissa, is there any progress on your right arm or left leg?

How long do you think you will be at rehab?
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Hi Melissa,

Has there been any progress on your arm/hand/leg? Are you sleeping well? Is your pain under control. What are the folks at rehab having you do?

Warmly,
                Doreen
                44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• My leg seems to be better. My right arm is not any better. I have had 3 days of therapy so far. I am doing arm exercises to try and strengthen my arm. My pain is well controlled by different combos of drugs.
                  Thanks for asking
                  Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    My leg seems to be better. My right arm is not any better. I have had 3 days of therapy so far. I am doing arm exercises to try and strengthen my arm. My pain is well controlled by different combos of drugs.
                    Thanks for asking
                    I'm so happy for you, Melissa, that there are improvements with your leg and the pain is under control! How long do you expect to stay in rehab?

Warmly,
                    Doreen
                    44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                    Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                    2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Doreen1 View Post
                      I'm so happy for you, Melissa, that there are improvements with your leg and the pain is under control! How long do you expect to stay in rehab?

Warmly,
                      Doreen
                      I really do not have any idea. My husband wants me to come home before Thanksgiving. I really do not care about the holiday as my in-laws are coming from FL
                      and I cannot stand them. Also, the idea of celebrating without my daughter is more than I can stand
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        I really do not have any idea. My husband wants me to come home before Thanksgiving. I really do not care about the holiday as my in-laws are coming from FL
                        and I cannot stand them. Also, the idea of celebrating without my daughter is more than I can stand
                        Sounds like the perfect excuse... think we may see others starting to intentionally schedule surgeries right before holidays! ;-)

Glad to hear your leg pain is getting better. Hope the arm function starts to return soon. One baby step at a time.

--Linda
                        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Looking forward to hearing that your arm is starting to show improvement. Very glad that your pain is being well controlled and your leg is improving. Today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today.

Comment

• Melissa--
                            Finally catching up on your latest surgery and recovery. Glad it's over and the pain is better. I certainly hope the arm situation is relieved soon. Hang in there! Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• going home Friday even though i do not feel up to it

horrible night with pain not being controlled
                              Melissa

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Melissa. There are another couple of days before you go home, which could turn things around for you. Do you know why the pain was uncontrolled - what happened that's different? Were they late giving you the meds? How's your arm? I hope you can get some sleep and hopefully wake up feeling more at ease and with your pain back under control. Thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X