No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, the wonderful insurance company that we have now Healthnet. I found out today that they are only paying for 2 , yes two , visiting nurse visits. I still have not heard about PT or OT. I am just so upset

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Melissa,

I wish that there was something that I could say to make things better. I can only say that I think about you often and have you in my prayers.

Can you divorce your brother? What's wrong with him?
      Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• I'm so sorry about your poor excuse for an insurance company. Is this something that you can change in time - to another, better insurance company or are you stuck with it? I know it's part of your husband's salary package but I'm hoping there is some choice in these things.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
          I'm so sorry about your poor excuse for an insurance company. Is this something that you can change in time - to another, better insurance company or are you stuck with it? I know it's part of your husband's salary package but I'm hoping there is some choice in these things.
          Until he changes jobs, we are stuck with this company
          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa--it really scares me to hear these things. Everything I read about health care says, next year it will be worse. I just got a letter from my Dr office--they are merging with a big group---in this area if they do not stay what is known as Advocate care--I can not see him on my insurance. With this much spinal fusion--I will have a hard time finding a Dr to manage my case. I don't want to change anyway, but nothing like forcing you to!
            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
            Right scapulectomy 6/15
            Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
            To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
            Broken neck 9/28/2018
            Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
            Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
            Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
            Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
            Osteotomy

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
              Melissa,

I wish that there was something that I could say to make things better. I can only say that I think about you often and have you in my prayers.

Can you divorce your brother? What's wrong with him?
              Susan
              Susan,

I thank you for your prayers. There are so many things in my life that need prayers. My brother is suing me because my Dad did not give him enough money when he died. This has been going on since 2006

Melissa
              Melissa

Comment

• After my surgery, I was really out of it for 6-7 days. I did not know where I was . I kept yelling at my husband becasue he had moved me to another hospital. I was really bad. Now, I still do not know what year it is. I keep living in the past. I think my parents are still alive. I think my children are much younger. Dr Bederman wants me to see a neurologist. This is very scary
                Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                  Susan,

I thank you for your prayers. There are so many things in my life that need prayers. My brother is suing me because my Dad did not give him enough money when he died. This has been going on since 2006

Melissa
                  Well, it seems obvious to me WHY your father didn't leave him more! Good grief, doesn't he have any respect for his own father's decision?! That's not meant to be answered.
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    After my surgery, I was really out of it for 6-7 days. I did not know where I was . I kept yelling at my husband becasue he had moved me to another hospital. I was really bad. Now, I still do not know what year it is. I keep living in the past. I think my parents are still alive. I think my children are much younger. Dr Bederman wants me to see a neurologist. This is very scary
                    Melissa, this is indeed very scary. Let's just hope that it is a short term effect of the anesthesia and medication you are on. My thoughts are with you.

(((HUGS)))
                    Be happy!
                    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Hi Melissa,
                      Sounds like your brother is evil. How can he possible have a case against you? Did your Father have a will?
                      I will be praying for you also.
                      Sally
                      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                        Well, it seems obvious to me WHY your father didn't leave him more! Good grief, doesn't he have any respect for his own father's decision?! That's not meant to be answered.
                        He has said that my husband and myself brainwashed him into giving us the money. That is his story.
                        Melissa

Comment

• Hmmm... How to prove a brainwashing postmortem... It ought to be thrown out of court. This is the reason, right here, why our court system is overloaded. Sorry, no disrespect meant towards your father, so please don't take it that way. I hate it when greedy family members swarm like flies over the deceased to get what they can. It shows no respect for their supposed loved one. Accept what they wanted you to have graciously. If you are left nothing, then take a hard look at your life and try to evaluate what you can improve.

You can put whatever you want in your will. It's YOUR will!

Strictly my opinion.
                          Be happy!
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

• Totally agree with Rohrer. He will surely have a very hard time proving what he says you did. I hope this is costing him a lot of money. In Australia when you contest a Will, it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and the barrister gets pretty much the lion's share of the Will. So it doesn't happen so often any more. Once, you could contest a Will and the costs would come out of the proceeds of the Will. (Appalling.)

Melissa. If you can see a Neurologist, he may be able to reassure you. I think if I had had as many problems and as many anaesthetics, I wouldn't know what day it was. There's a lot of healing to be done, and not just physical. You've really had such a hard time.

Comment

• Thanks Jennifer and Roher for your good wishes

I just want to feel better. I am so tired of being in pain. I know that I will never be painfree but I would like to get as close as possible

Melissa
                              Melissa

Comment

• That's what we want for you too. You're stuck with me here until that day comes. <big smile>

Comment

Working...
                                X