Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January, February, March 2010 surgeries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinkpineapple... when's your date?

Let us know when your revision surgery is and whatever info you want listed, and I'll add it to the first post in this thread. Thinking of you as your date approaches. Hugs, Susie

Anyone else with upcoming surgeries that aren't listed here, please let us know! Just post here or send me a PM.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

RitaR and others...

Just trying to add to the first post. RitaR-- I think I have your info, but if you want it different than this just let me know.

I think TobyT's wife is having surgery soon too, but I'm not sure when. Who else??? And what info???

Corrected to 15°

Comment

adding on...

Just adding Tammy T, TobyT's wife, on to the first post.

Anyone else?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hello Susie Bee, Didn't know if you had my information or not. I am scheduled for surgery on March 1st by Dr. Lenke in St. Louis. Guess I'll be starting the month off right just by making it to the "other side". Yea! I am more than ready to get this over with.!!!! Just hate this waiting around... But, at least I'm not waiting till July!!!!
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46
          Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
          Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
          Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
          Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Yep, Rita... look in the first post of this thread and you'll see your name for March 1st. If you want it listed differently than what I've done, just let me know. That's so exciting that you are going so soon!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hey Susie, Those are some cool pictures! How do you all get those x-ray films on email? I'm jealous!!
              Rita Thompson
              Age 46

Comment

Hi Susie Bee. As of now, my surgery is scheduled for June 8th with Dr. Lonner at NYU/Joint Diseases in New York. I'm having minimally invasive anterior/posterior surgery. I have an 85 degree thoracic curve.

Thanks so much for doing this, and good luck to all those who have surgery coming up.

Joy

Comment

Hey Susie Bee - looks great to see my name as Mar 1st.....Yea!!!! Sounds horrible what they're going to do - but I am more than ready to get it over with! Bring it on! BEtter days are on the horizon!!!
                  Rita Thompson
                  Age 46

Comment

Yay, Rita! Recovery is hard work, but it's so nice to be on the other side of surgery... you then know what you're dealing with. And you make progress going in the right direction, instead of getting worse like we all were doing.

As for the pics-- if you can put them on one of the internet photo storage places (like photobucket) then you can post them like that. Pam helped me out a couple of years ago, as I am not very savvy with things like that. Do you have digital copies of your x-rays? They are best and that is an easy way to post them. If not, many of us have posted pics that we took of our regular x-rays. My first ones I posted were from pics I had taken of regular x-rays on the lighted board at my scoli appt. Much later I asked for (and received) the digital ones. Other members have taken pics of x-rays just held up to windows, etc. If you need help, let us know and someone will hop in to help you-- even me.

joyfull-- I will start a new thread for April, May and June... I think someone else posted recently that theirs would be sometime then. Can someone help me find the info, please?
                    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 02-21-2010, 07:04 PM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

First post...surgery soon.

Hi all...this is my first post here but I'll be joining the "club" soon. I was diagnosed with scoliosis back in 1984 and wore a brace for a couple of years. I quite frankly can't remember what the degree of my curve was back then...and I honestly completely put the scoliosis out of my mind for about 20 years. Started having some minor problems in 2006 and have been seeing the doc ever since. My lumbar curve has progress from about 45 degrees in 2006 to 65 degrees now and the doc says its time to do something. I have surgery scheduled for March 17th & 18th, anterior/posterior approach at Reston Hospital. My surgeon is Dr. Christoper Good at Virginia Spine. I had a second opinion by Dr. Lauerman at Georgetown and he concurred that it was time to do something. Getting fused from T-10 to pelvis....SOOOO looking forward to it.
                      Pre-Surgery Lumbar 65 degrees
                      A/P Fusion T10-Pelvis by Dr. Christopher Good
                      Virginia Spine Institute, Reston, VA 3/17/10, 3/18/10
                      Post-Surgery Lumbar 19 degrees, and 2" in height

Comment

My surgery is now scheduled for April 1st!
                        Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
                        Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
                        Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
                        Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Lynette-- I put you on the April, May, June surgeries thread last night. If you have more info for it, let me know. Best wishes!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Thanks Suzie Bee
                            Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
                            Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
                            Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
                            Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

on the other side!!

Hey everyone,
                              My surgery was Jan 29 and I am doing so much btter than I ever imagined I would be. I have been driven to the mall twice, the grocery store, and to Target. I have been to two of my boy's basketball games and sat on the bleachers! I cooked our first meal (easy...tacos) last night! We have had so many meals brought to us, whic has been nice. I drove one mile yesterday...just to see how it felt. I have pain in my left shoulder blade, more than anywhere else. I still take 2 oxycodone every 5-6 hours. I tried to get off that and go to vicatin...but it wasn't quite enough. I'll try it again next week. If anyone has any questions, please call me. I would love to help anyone who hasn't gone yet. It's such a scary thing to face...but it is worth it!!

Comment

That is great .
                                My surgery is in 2 weeks and I cannot wait.
                                I had my pre-op with my surgeon yesterday and it was such a good appointment .Monday I go to the hospital which I know will not be such a good appointment but there I must go.Where do you live and where was your surgery?

What was the best item you took to the hospital and what could you have left at home?

What didn't you take that you really could have used?

What did you need when you first came home?

Thanks
                                God Bless
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X