No announcement yet.

Professions & Careers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a Medical Technologist (ASCP). I worked almost 10 years in Transfusion Medicine and now work in the Pathology Lab of a 24 hour Emergency Dept.
    Diagnosed borderline brace or surgery in 1980.
    Wore Milwaukee brace for several years, stabilized curve, told it wouldn't get worse. HA!!!!!
    Surgery 3/31/09, with Dr Lloyd Hey.
    Fusion T5-L1, 54 degrees to 16. Yea!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My 17 y.o. daughter who is fused from T3-L2 wants to become a physical therapist. Any thoughts/concerns on that? She starts college in 3 weeks!

Mary Lou
      Last edited by Snoopy; 06-17-2009, 06:59 AM.
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Thank you for replies on the veterinarian subject. My daughter will have a lot to consider. Of course some of the things I will not mention to her at the moment. Don't want to put tension on her hopes before surgery. But I will keep these things in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
          My 17 y.o. daughter who is fused from T3-L2 wants to become a physical therapist. Any thoughts/concerns on that? She starts college in 3 weeks!

Mary Lou
          Tell her to GO FOR IT! She will not only have the skills as a physiotherapist, but can also utilise the rare skill of empathy for her patients.
          45L/40T
          Surgery 25/1/2010
          Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            Tell her to GO FOR IT! She will not only have the skills as a physiotherapist, but can also utilise the rare skill of empathy for her patients.

Thanks Jimbo! Those are my thoughts exactly!

Mary Lou
            Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

This is a great thread, Jimbo. I am not currently working due to pain, but prior and for 30 years I worked in finance. Credit management in personal loans and the like, just loved it. Also collected from the ones who forgot to pay! ha

Lorraine.
              Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
              Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

fun!

How fun to finally know what everyone does. Great idea Jimbo.
                I have my Bachelor's Degree in Voice, and I have a band and sing around my city & surrounding areas quite often (www.lisanicolegrace.com or www.myspace.com/lisanicolegrace)

BUT my day job is working at a hospital foundation doing fundraising and special event coordination. It's excellent & rewarding work!

Nice to hear from everyone!
                lisanicolegrace
                29/F/Canada
                Surgery - 11/10/2000
                80° curve to 19° post op.
                www.lisanicolegrace.com
                @lisanicolegrace
                facebook
                x-rays
                picture of my back

Comment

I'm a speech-language therapist working with preschool-aged children, half of whom have autism spectrum disorders. I love my job, but get tired of sitting on the floor
                  Living life after a Milwaukee...
                  And still crooked as a jail bird...

Comment

Working...
                  X