No announcement yet.

Anyone heard any word on Nancy Joy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, gang. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully he'll remember or in a few days she'll think to ask if he did. I'm just assuming all is well, and am continuing to keep her in prayer.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Watching & praying here too!!

Comment

Any news?

I was just wondering if there is any news this evening on Nancy? I will keep watching and keeping her and her family in my prayers,

Comment

I think I've checked 5 times today.

*sigh*

Waiting is sooo hard!
          Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
          Still have 57 degree curve
          2 Harrington rods
          Luque method used
          Dr David Bradford
          Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
          Preop xray (with brace on)
          Postop xray

Comment

Sorry, still no word here. It's quite possible that he feels awkward calling someone he doesn't know. I'm sure he has NO IDEA that so many people are watching for word, or he would have called. We'll hear eventually. "Patience" in the meantime.
            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

It must be a tremendously stressful time for family as well, especially that first 48 hours or so.

Hopefully Nancy is sleeping through it, blissfully unaware that people are watching and waiting!
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                It must be a tremendously stressful time for family as well, especially that first 48 hours or so.

Hopefully Nancy is sleeping through it, blissfully unaware that people are watching and waiting!

I'd be PISSED if someone forgot to update on me (I did it myself, anyway, but ... still).

Does anyone know her hospital/surgeon? Yes, I realize there are HIPPA rules, but if you can send flowers (and you can), you can find out if she's in a room.

Anyone? This is silly.
                Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

According to her first post she is at the KU Medical Center and per their website the phone number is 913-588-5800

I am still praying for her and hopefully we'll hear great news soon!
                  My One Crooked Momma blog
                  Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
                  From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

Comment

Good Morning, all. What a wonderful feeling knowing so many cared and yes, there should be a chat waiting room! So sorry about the mix up where he thought he had called. I continue to do absolutely fabulous although my sleep patterns are just an hour or 2 at a time. I think that is partly due to having to pee all the time! I am still quite swollen but gaining ground. One of my sisters came Tuesday night and stayed till hubby got home yesterday. She got all laundry caught up, we fixed out a medicine chart and system and went grocery shopping in the afternoon. Also, got my hair "really" washed and have decided this is an area I will need some help with until I can take an actual shower. I kept "bonking" my head with my blow dryer. I found that hilarious and it reminded me of Weekend at Bernie's when he was hitting the bouys! I also remind people my brakes aren't working as good as my forward gear so I have to think "Stop ahead!" quite frequently. Boy, did I get straightened out!! Got to see in a mirror a couple of nights ago. That feeling was "beyond" tears and right into the speechless category in life. I am also taller but not sure "exactly" how much yet. I will be getting a set of x-rays to post one of these days. I do not have many restrictions but the "few" sure incompass "a lot"! No twisting, bending, or leaning and no weight over 5 lbs. Alrighty then! and I can do- ??? Just having fun. I know my biggest challenge will be to not over due as this is all going so well. Well, I will stop so you don't cringe when you see my name on a post!! Thanks, hug and prayers to all of you, your families, co-workers and friends who are helping with the "help".
                    Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
                    Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
                    Age 54
                    T10 to Sacrum
                    Curve 65 degrees
                    Very straight now!!!

Comment

Nancy,

Congrats on a successful surgery! I am glad everything went well. Take care and talk to ya soon.

Comment

Great to hear from you Nancy Joy and to hear that you're doing so well. You've been in my thoughts a lot because your surgery is similar to what I'm having (mine is T5-Sacrum). If I fare half as well as you, I'll be happy. Do you still have anterior surgery coming up? I'm only having posterior.

Fantastic to know you're straight at last. Does it feel different? Are you eating normally yet? How's the pain management?

Take good care and hope to hear more from you soon.

Jen

Comment

Nancy Joy,

It's so great to hear that you're doing well & got huge correction - & they left your sense of humour in tact, too

Hope you can take a nice, hot shower soon - the first few post-hospital ones, in the comfort of your home are SO good, lol.

Wishing you a smooth recovery. I hope the 2nd op's no longer needed.

Take care & keep us posted when you can

Comment

Great to hear from you Nancy Joy and to hear that you're doing so well. You've been in my thoughts a lot because your surgery is similar to what I'm having (mine is T5-Sacrum). If I fare half as well as you, I'll be happy. Do you still have anterior surgery coming up? I'm only having posterior.

Fantastic to know you're straight at last. Does it feel different? Are you eating normally yet? How's the pain management?

Take good care and hope to hear more from you soon.

Jen

Hi Jen- I will have the 2nd surgery still. It is to do a fusion from the front on the lowest 3 vertebrae to stabilize that area real well to hopefully head off any future problems. I am eating normally and the pain management is pretty good. I, like so many others, have to accept that I am not going to become super woman in a day. Now, something is wrong with that picture!!! Ha. Keep posting !!!
                            Nancy
                            Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
                            Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
                            Age 54
                            T10 to Sacrum
                            Curve 65 degrees
                            Very straight now!!!

Comment

Morning Nancy Joy. Thanks for answering my questions! When is your second surgery? Keep up with the fantastic recovery!

Comment

Working...
                              X