Anyone heard any word on Nancy Joy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news yet?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard how Nancy Joy is doing?

Comment

I haven't heard anything yet. She said she'd have her husband call me or Ginger. If it really is lasting about 12 hours, she won't even be out for another hour... If he calls here, I'll post right away.

Your date is coming up pretty soon too. Thinking of you!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Haven't heard yet either, although I've worn my cell phone religiously all day AND I lit a candle for her. Again.
        Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
        May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
        Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

Yep ... been checking this thread all day, fingers crossed.

*sigh.

The waiting on everyone (for news) is always tough!
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Ginger, I saw you come online & hoped you came bearing news....thanks for the update of no news anyway.

Thinking much of her....keep telling myself that with well wishes from all over the globe, she can't go wrong. Still, all fingers crossed....

Luckily I have nowhere to go today!

Comment

Another Aussie watching and waiting.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Me thinks NSF needs a chat "waiting" room, where we can get together & chat while we wait impatiently for news on days like this, lol.

I hope she's at least out of surgery by now...

Comment

I can't sleep. I was hoping to find news on Nancy Joy now. Hopefully in the AM.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

The waiting's a killer....hopefully "no news is good news"....ugh..

Comment

Prayers for you here as well, Nancy. Hope to hear the good word soon!
                      Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
                      Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
                      Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
                      www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Just to let all you "waiters" know-- I didn't hear anything, and I'll be heading off to work in a little bit. Hopefully her husband will give Ginger a call. By the time her surgery was over and she was in recovery, he may just have thought it was too late to be calling people.
                        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Very true. Thanks for the non-update

It's getting late here so I'll be quitting with the lurking soon, too. Here's to hoping for news tomorrow (well, tomorrow my time).

Comment

Nancy has been in my thoughts as well the last couple of days, wishing her a wonderful recovery, and hope to hear from her soon. I'll be saying a special prayer for her tonight.
                            My One Crooked Momma blog
                            Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
                            From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

Comment

Another non-update!

No call yet.

Unfortunately, Nancy Joy's husband has my phone number but I don't have his number. I'm wondering if he's got too much on his mind right now to remember she had this group of friends on the forum.

In fact, we may have to face it that he could forget all together! I hope not!!!

Of course, I'm the gal who you didn't give an update until a MONTH after surgery. (I just wasn't as grounded in the forum at that time.)

I promise that I'll post if I get a call!
                              Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
                              May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
                              Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

Thanks, Ginger.

Isn't it just amazing that people all over the world are caring & waiting to hear.

I can understand if her husband has just plain forgotten us, but I hope not. I so hope that all is well.

Comment

Working...
                                X