girlie stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bless your heart, Azalea !

It breaks my heart for you to be in such mental pain and anguish- please pardon the "mom' in me, but I know that you must keep on sharing your fears with all of these wonderful people who can help bring them down to size. Please keep reminding yourself that you really do need to have this surgery while you are so young. That is my one huge regret, that i did not trust my own instincts, and ignored the pain and misery. Now my upcoming surgery will be way harder , more dangerous, and more difficult at 47. Granted, i was not mentally ready to accept what we all are up against while i was in my 20's. i had very small children and a drunk abusive husband (got rid of him and trained for a career). And I admit, i would have been just as scared as you are now. The other members are giving you some good advice and i agree with them. It is scary as hell to face the unknown.But someday, after we have healed and become stronger, we will be the ones to help comfort the new members. Have faith in good science, doctors and yourself and family. But please, don't put it off for years, it will take over your life and you will worry about how you look, is the curve getting worse, etc.. and please keep on asking questions, you help us all, too.... we are watching and waiting with you.... Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Azalea,
      You MUST pay attention to those of us who have been through this surgery. You are getting yourself worked up and riding a roller coaster of fear that is not going to help at all. You are 26, you are going to heal fast. No one has said they wouldn't do this all over again. You are so fearful I don't think what everyone here is telling you is registering.

Your curves are NOT going to correct themselves, just get worse. Do not cancel your surgery, you are going to be fine. If your Dr. needs to put it off for a bit because of other health reasons, cross that bridge when you get to it. You will be so happy you did this now rather then wait till your curves are worse. Know what else? The bigger your curves get the bigger the curve you are left with. Most Dr's expect to get around 50% correction. Better if you are young and flexable. Want to look great in that bikini and lingerie? I was floored when I first put on my new bikini after my surgery and I am 44!

Dalmatica is right, you MUST improve your attitude. I am back to skiing and doing pretty much everything normal. And I look and feel great. PLEASE understand we are trying to tell you truthfully how it will be and you MUST pay attention. Take a deep breath and read all the wonderful outcomes those of us older then you have had and you should begin to relax and look forward to the beginning of a new you.

By the way, I went to my hosp. to do my own walk through and they were shocked. That is not normally done where I had my surgery. After I had my surgery, when I first walked the hall with my P.T. she asked how I hurt my back, car wreck? She was shocked to know it was scoliosis correction because I was so young! At 43! Scoliosis correction is not seen much in the run of the mill hospitals I guess. Please think of this as a positive not a negative. You could live somewhere where this wonderful technology is not available. Food for thought............

Fused T10 to L4 2/22/06

Comment

Working...
      X