Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else with an August surgery date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surgery date

I'm having my surgery on Sept 13 at Cedars with Dr Robert Pashman. It seemed like it was so far away, but the date I agreed to is getting closer. I feel like I have so many things to do prior to surgery, to make my arrival home post op easier for people to help me.

Comment

you'll do great!

Kathy,
      Tons of hugs!!!!

Best,
      Brenda

diagnosed age 13: no treatment
      47 degree thoracic
      85 degree thoracolumbar
      surgery scheduled for Aug. 30 and Sept. 2
      A/P T-1 to pelvis with osteotomies & cages: proposed

Comment

August surgery

I am new to this forum. I am scheduled for surgery August 12th for spainal fusion from S1 to T4 approx. My lumbar curve is 68 degrees. I look forward to hearing from others that have been through surgery as I am scared and not looking forward to the next 3 months or so.

Comment

Debbie,
          Good luck with your upcoming surgery. It would be nice if we could just fast forward through the first several months following surgery. I hope all goes smoothly for you.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Hi Debbie,

If you have time in the next day or so, I suggest you post a new thread with your info. so people see it to respond to you.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. I have a similar curve and will have surgery eventually, too. I'll be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes.

Evelyn
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Debbie--
              Good luck to you. You'll be so glad to be on the other side of surgery so you can begin to heal with your new back. Positive thoughts coming your way. Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Gina and Debbie -- Best wishes for your upcoming surgeries. You will be so relieved when you are on the other side so just keep looking forward. You'll have lots of support on the forum. Just put your fears and your questions out here and you'll hear from folks who have been or are now going through the same questions and fears.

Glenda
                Glenda
                Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
                Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
                Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
                A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
                Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
                Pleased with outcome

Comment

Gina and Debbie, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found it and are posting. I know I've found alot of support and connection with this great group. Gina, good luck to you about getting ready for surgery. Everyday I feel I'm getting ready. I'm trying to get my house into "My mother n law is staying over" condition (she'll be with the kids while I'm in the hospital), the kids school stuff, pre-cook, you know the list. It's good in a way because it keeps me from thinking too much. Debbie, I hear you about being scared about post op - think of the joy you will have about getting through the surgery and being on the other side to carry you through.
                  Debra
                  Age 45
                  Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
                  Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
                  Fused T4-T12
                  Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
                  Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Aug. Surgery

My 16 year old daughter is finally schedualed for her 4th surgery August 31. Don't read any of my posts until after all of you come out fine from the surgery and recup time.

She is really a trooper and I hope to get her online with this forum. She could really help folks with questions for before, after, and anything in between. With all these surgeries she has always had a smile on her face, tried to do all the teenage things this summer.

She has a hunk of a great boyfriend going to Cornell on the 19th and she met him with her kyphosis!Since she couldn't sit through a movie, they went to Drive Ins. She has dealt with all of this with grit and grace -much better than me. Mary

Comment

Originally posted by twinsmom View Post
                      My 16 year old daughter is finally schedualed for her 4th surgery August 31. Don't read any of my posts until after all of you come out fine from the surgery and recup time.

She is really a trooper and I hope to get her online with this forum. She could really help folks with questions for before, after, and anything in between. With all these surgeries she has always had a smile on her face, tried to do all the teenage things this summer.

She has a hunk of a great boyfriend going to Cornell on the 19th and she met him with her kyphosis!Since she couldn't sit through a movie, they went to Drive Ins. She has dealt with all of this with grit and grace -much better than me. Mary
                      I think that would be a valuable addition to the forum if you daughter posted.

And you are doing fine in the face of a huge challenge. Nobody is judging you other than to tell you we know you are able to manage this.

Good luck.
                      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Chris,
                        I hope your recovery from cervical surgery is going well!

Debbie,
                        Best wishes for a smooth surgery on Aug. 12!

Best,
                        Brenda

diagnosed age 13: no treatment
                        47 degree thoracic
                        85 degree thoracolumbar
                        surgery scheduled for Aug. 30 and Sept. 2
                        A/P T-1 to pelvis with osteotomies & cages: proposed

Comment

August surgery date

My surgery date is August 12th in Sydney Australia. My curve is 68* in the lower back and I have shrunk at least 2" over the years. I will be fused from S1 to T5 (approx). I am 47 years old.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you Thursday Deb. Is there someone who could update us with your hospital recovery? I know you're very nervous, which is perfectly natural, we all were. There's no easy way to get through the last couple of days, but you will make it. It won't be long before this is over with and you will be looking towards regaining your life after surgery. Best wishes!
                            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Good luck Debbie! Will be waiting to hear everything went well!
                              Age 56
                              Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
                              Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
                              Thoracic 68
                              Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
                              Dr Bridwell St Louis
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Originally posted by debbieinoz View Post
                                I am new to this forum. I am scheduled for surgery August 12th for spainal fusion from S1 to T4 approx. My lumbar curve is 68 degrees. I look forward to hearing from others that have been through surgery as I am scared and not looking forward to the next 3 months or so.
                                My surgery is exactly a month away. By the time you have read this your surgery will have been completed. Hope to hear from you and hear how your doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X