Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last night into this morning - worst experience of my life!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mgs, I went 9 days after surgery, and I was eating from day 2. I think this was a mistake. I tried everything including 2 enemas in hospital. Nothing worked. Then my friend came in with some Nu-lax, which is an over the counter concoction which has figs and other dried fruit in it. It worked in three hours. Nu-lax is probably marketed under a different name in the US, but if I were you, I'd have someone ask the Pharmacist. It helped keep me regular after I went home as well.

What surprised me, the doctor and the hospital staff weren't at all concerned about 9 days of constipation, but I certainly was.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I understand Dr. Schwartz's Intestinal Formula #1 or the Intestinal Formula #1 Max is very good. www.herbdoc.com

I haven't tried it but my very good source has.

Comment

Originally posted by backissues View Post
        I understand Dr. Schwartz's Intestinal Formula #1 or the Intestinal Formula #1 Max is very good. www.herbdoc.com

I haven't tried it but my very good source has.
        This does work very well, but be careful with it. Make sure you take it with a significant amount of food or it can make you sick (throwing up, sweating). This has happened to me several times.

Shell
        Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
        2003- 33 degrees
        2005- 37 degrees
        2006- 44 degrees
        May 2007- 47 degrees
        December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
        Fused T1 to L2
        Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

mgs, if it makes you feel any better, I had the same problem - surgery on Oct 26th, being urged to eat almost from day one (no appetite), no help with mag citrate or colace, HORRIBLY bloated and in pain until the nurse at rehab over a week later tried the "mini enema" which I spoke of before. After that, MOM and colace got things moving drastically, but it all backed up again.

No one mentioned that a regular diet of stool softeners and intestinal stimulants, along with a light diet, would be needed as long as I was on Percocet. I thought that once the problem was relieved, it wouldn't come back ... but boy did it! I think I'm on the way to gut recovery now, but fingers still crossed in that department.
          Juliet, age 57
          37˚ lumbar and 35˚ thoracic with rotation
          Diagnosed at age 11 and untreated.
          Total degeneration of disc at L4-5, spondylolisthesis at L4, L5 sacralized.
          Surgery on 10/26/10
          Dr. Matthew Geck, Seton Spine & Scoliosis, Center, Austin, TX.
          University Medical Center @ Brackenridge Hospital.
          Posterior fusion of T11-S1, part minimally invasive; TLIF at L4-5.

Comment

Working...
          X