No announcement yet.

More pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I called my surgeon's office and of course, there was someone there to talk to. I left my message and not 5 minutes later I got a call back. The doctor's answers was , at this time, if I can tolerate the pain, then there really is nothing to do. But if at some time, I can not tolerate the pain or if I can not put weight on my foot then I need to get to the hospital where they can evaluate me.

Thanks guys for being here with me and helping me thru this crisis like you have done before

Melissa

Comment

Hi Melissa...

You can usually tell where the pain is originating by looking at a dermatome chart. For example:

http://bootschiropractic.com/images/Dermatomes-leg.jpg

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda,

this link doesn't seem to be working!

Thx
        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Originally posted by Back-out View Post
          Linda,

this link doesn't seem to be working!

Thx
          Not sure why it isn't working for you. It worked for me just now using both Firefox and Safari.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Works for me.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

thanks, Linda...i am now figuring out what is probably causing the sciatic that runs down the back of my left leg! i kinda figured pain was originating somewhere in lumbar...the diagram confirms that...

hope your wkend is good..

jess

Comment

My pain is on the inside of my left leg. Before I had the surgery, I did have sciatica with my left leg but that was on the back/left side .This pain is new and it is on the inside of my leg

Melissa

Comment

Pretty interesting!

That S2 is the beast.
                  Amy
                  58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
                  Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
                  Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
                  2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
                  Exercising to correct

Comment

I agree it is interesting. I am having pain in my left buttock and left calf that feels like a huge bruise in each place. Based on that diagram, I think my two level fusion is propagating down to involve L4.
                    Last edited by Pooka1; 05-31-2010, 08:51 AM.
                    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mbeckoff View Post
                      My pain is on the inside of my left leg. Before I had the surgery, I did have sciatica with my left leg but that was on the back/left side .This pain is new and it is on the inside of my leg

Melissa

I had this pain for the last about 6 weeks. It also is on the top of my left thigh. I was struggling to walk and could not put any weight on that leg . As I mentioned elsewhere, imagine that you could poke a stick through the left Si joint at the back and it comes out at the front. My pain radiates (it has eased now) from this point down the front of my thigh till me knee, but also down the inside on my leg (all left side). The spasms i was having were extremely painful. They went all the way down my leg until my foot and even made my toes curl! I had a CT scan and x-rays done as my surgeon first thought i may have snapped a rod, however, there was nothing to be seen as to why this was happening. He said we could do further investigations, but that i should ride it out a little longer before we go down that track. Today, after two good days, i am back to having intermitent pain, but its ok, i can deal with it. Sorry this is long.

P.S. Surgeon put it down to 'aggravation of the si joints'.
                      Last edited by Vali; 05-30-2010, 06:56 PM. Reason: 'granny amnesia'
                      Vali
                      44 years young! now 45
                      Surgery - June 1st, 2009
                      Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
                      St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
                      Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
                      Post -op - 5 degrees
                      T11 - S1 Posterior
                      L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Well,I had a decent night sleep, thanks to pain killers. My left leg pain is still there. As it is Monday, I believe, I will wait until tomorrow to talk with my surgeon instead of going to the ER on Memorial day. That is, based on the pain now.If the pain gets worse,I will go to the ER today

Thanks

Melissa

Comment

most of the time, the ER's out here just refer back to the treating doctor!! the ones i've been to seem to prefer something like pneumonia that they know how to treat!

good luck..hope you get some help, and can hold out til tomorrow..

jess

Comment

It must be bad leg week. I just posted my leg problem on another thread. It's my left from low back/hip down the side of my leg and under the knee. I just can't figure out what I did and if this still can be surgery related since I'm more than a year out or something new. I've given up exercising and walking for a couple days now but that hasn't helped either. It's so annoying cuz it's hard to sleep or stay asleep! Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                              Not sure why it isn't working for you. It worked for me just now using both Firefox and Safari.

--Linda
                              Boy, do I feel left out! It won't load on either Mozilla or IE on my PC!
                              But everything else is loading fine in the thread and online.

The mysteries of computer coding....Maybe chiropractic sites are now blocking me!
                              Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
                              Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
                              main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
                              Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Well,I made it thru the weekend.I am going to call my surgeon this morning. All I did yesterday was sleep.i feel so bad this AM. I have not felt this bad since before I left the hospital which was May 20.

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X