Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexEx View Post
    Lynette

I know it is hard to compare, you are remarkable in what you are having to accomplish! I admire you so for all that you are doing. You have two very lucky litttle boys!

Reading what everyone is going through with the withdrawls, I am so glad that I was not on the oxy and perc and went straight to the vicadin. I have been having nausia from that, but that sounds like nothing compared to having the withdrawl from the heavy stuff.

I wanted to put my inquiry out as a new thread, but could not figure out how to start one. I am somewhat techno challenged. I was just trying to get an idea of where the average patient is at this point.
    Melissa
    Hello Melissa,

So great to hear you are doing well also....really a relief. Sounds to me like you are right where you should be, but I have not had back surgery so I guess I am guessing! The times that I have had other surgeries seemed to be a get-up-and-move, lie-down-and-rest balancing act.

Took me awhile to figure out how to start a new thread and then when I did a second one- took me awhile to figure it out again. If you go up to the top and click on National Scoliosis Foundation Forums, then click on the forum you intend to start your thread. There will be a "New thread" button on the top left.....

Keep healing, ladies!!
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

Thank you all again - my dear scoliosis family - you are all amazing people and I feel so utterly and totally blessed to know you all, and I thank whoever started this forum off (I think that's Linda Racine?), thanks Linda if that's you, we would be lost without this wonderful place! Love and hugs XXXX OOOO
      Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
      Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
      Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
      Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

(We need a hug emoticon and also ones for waving and comforting).
        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
        X