No announcement yet.

It's St. Louis Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in pre surgery waiting area now! Writing this from my blackberry. Ready to get this party started! Will post asasp!
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Laura! I don't think I've ever seen a post from someone sitting in pre-op! That's so fantastic! I'm sure you won't get this until after your surgery and it may even be a few days, but the sentiment is still the same: you are being sent so many wonderful, healing, calming thoughts by so many people, me included. I remember pre-op like it was yesterday. That's where I finally got that calm of knowing it was MY time and I could just relax and let the professionals take over. My preparation was over and it was time to give in. It's really difficult to explain the exact feeling, but I think you'll know what I mean. Take good care of yourself, do what the docs tell you to and let us know how you are doing. Congratulations! You made it!
      Becky
      51 years old
      Married 28 years
      3 kids ages 23, 21 and 17
      Fused T-10 through L-5 June, 2008
      Developed junctional kyphosis, flat-back and sagittal imbalance
      Revision Surgery June 27, 2011
      Fused T-4 thru S-1 with pelvic anchor screws
      Take 2 revision October 15, 2013 to locate source of continued pain
      Pseudoarthrosis at L-3, 2 screws removed

Comment

Good Luck Laura!

I'm praying for you Laura! You will do wonderful, I just know it! By the time you read this post, you will be on the otherside of the picture with all of us and you will be home to your husky in no time!!!
        Post soon!
        Melissa

Comment

I've thought about you all day. . .maybe by now you're out of surgery, and you're on our "other side"!!! Tough days ahead, but you can do it!! I'm not tough, and I did. love!
          Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
          Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
          Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Wow! Thinking of you Laura, and of Lynette who's just behind you. Sending best wishes for a bright and happy future to you both.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Lynette,
              Raising my pretend glass to you too , and here's hoping your surgery went well today!!!!!
              May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Hi Laura, i make it about 6pm your time at the moment, hope all went well for your surgery and that you are resting comfortably.

Lynette, best wishes for tomorrow on a safe and successful surgery.
                Vali
                44 years young! now 45
                Surgery - June 1st, 2009
                Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
                St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
                Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
                Post -op - 5 degrees
                T11 - S1 Posterior
                L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Working...
                X