This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Just like with people who don't believe in medicine for religious reasons, they are welcome to do whatever they want for themselves.
    It seems we understand something very different for 'welcome'. I don't know who may feel that after reading your posts saying how much desperate/ignorant/irrational.. are people trying with non surgical methods in order to avoid a surgery.
    Last edited by flerc; 07-18-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksmom0611 View Post
      I have done a great deal of research into the studies done with this method. I'm in the medical field and know how to read the medical terms, statistical analyses, research methodology used, etc. I was very, very hesitant to give any validity to this method that seemed so strange. However, with all that I have learned, and now experienced by being treated with the scroth method, I do believe in it more. I still have some doubts (as I'm trained to as a scientist), but there are definite positive results for many people. I have seen 2 schroth providers and it is nothing like any kind of physical therapy you have ever done. It's a completely different way of using your body to work with the spinal and muscular distortions we have. In my opinion, there isn't much else out there to try to prevent things from deteriorating (I.e. Curves worsening). If there is a chance this may work, it's worth trying it. I don't think it's possible to do it without a Schroth trained person helping. It's way too complicated and very targeted to each persons unique issues. Just my 2 cents.
      When did you begin with Schroth? Did you do something different before?

Comment

Did PT work AT ALL??? Even one kid or one adult???
        http://www.scoliosisjournal.com/content/10/1/20/

Comment

But sure it don't prove nothing for you, nothing may do it.
          How many people do you think were discourage for you in these years? Hundreds, thousands? With how many others do you want to do the same? The non surgical sectiion of this forum, the greatest around the world, should never have existed!
          Last edited by flerc; 07-18-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            But sure it don't prove nothing for you, nothing may do it.
            How many people do you think were discourage for you in these years? Hundreds, thousands? With how many others do you want to do the same? The non surgical sectiion of this forum, the greatest around the world, should never have existed!
            People should be discouraged from using unproven treatments, especially ones that are expensive. They should especially be discouraged from brow-beating their kids into doing treatments to avoid surgery and then the kids still need surgery.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

If you wanted to convince people to take something so unnatural and irreversible as surgery is for them or their sons, you could have tried to do it in a not so much dishonest way as you did with yours immoral posts calling them desperates/ignorants/irrationals or even something worse for trying with non surgical options, confusing them saying all the time 'there is no evidence' something of course you cannot prove in any way. Of course people specially without a scientist background (something they have not why to have) was extremely influenced to think 'My God what I'm doing, this scientist researcher (something you never proved) is saying in the greatest forum ot the world that Pt don't work, brace also not and never nobody avoid a surgery with any non surgical method so I'm really stupid if I think it could work!' They should to takes legal actions because those posts. In a judgment just only 2 or 3 of your thousands of ummoral posts would be enough to prove how much non ethical this forum was allowing you to do what you always will do here.
              Last edited by flerc; 07-19-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

He admitted he failed, admitted PT can't control curvature
                Copy a link where we may see him saying that or delete this please.

Comment

Scoliosis Research Society official position on PT, inter alia, accessed on 19 July, 2015. (emphasis added)

http://www.srs.org/patient_and_famil..._scoliosis.htm

What will make the spine go back to being straight again?

A scoliosis curve will not get straight on its own. Bracing will help it from getting worse. Surgery — a spinal fusion — is the only thing that will straighten out the spine, but it will not make it completely straight.
                  Will physical therapy help my scoliosis?

It has not been proven that physical therapy can help people with scoliosis.

Different physical therapy methods have been designed to offset the effects of scoliosis, and improve the shape and look of your body. There is some scientific evidence to show that physical therapy may help you to look straighter and improve your breathing. However, there is little evidence to show that physical therapy is more effective than doing nothing in stopping the curve from getting worse during growth.

If you have spinal problems in addition to your scoliosis, your doctor may prescribe physical therapy to address your specific needs.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If you wanted to convince people
                    I am beyond caring about autonomous adults who live in demon-haunted worlds.

I care about their kids born into those imaginary worlds.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Scoliosis Research Society official position on PT, inter alia, accessed on 19 July, 2015. (emphasis added)

http://www.srs.org/patient_and_famil..._scoliosis.htm
                      Where I may see that Weiss is saying this?

Comment

Where I may see that Weiss is saying this?
                        One of the forum members stated Weiss told him this in a communication. Do you remember?

I don't know if Weiss is in the SRS. I doubt it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I am beyond caring about autonomous adults who live in demon-haunted worlds.

I care about their kids born into those imaginary worlds.
                          You also tried to convince adults to see surgery for them as the only one option and certainly you have a proved success at least in one case.. and he was not precisely grateful!
                          Adults, parents of kids or teens or young adults.. is the same for you. In every case you used the same ummoral ruses. Is clear you cannot do it in other way.
                          Last edited by flerc; 07-19-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

You also tried to convince adults to see surgery for them as the only one option and certainly you have a proved success at least in one case.. and he was not precisely grateful!
                            Adults, parents of kids or teens or young adults.. is the same for you. In every case you used the same ummoral ruses. Is clear you cannot do it in other way.
                            Concerned Dad, a scientist like myself focused on evidence, was convinced of my REPEATING the arguments of experts in this field about lack of evidence of bracing and took his child out of brace. She made it well past the point of skeletal maturity sub-surgical. It was only years after she was mature that her curve progressed. She was saved from failed bracing.

He LOOKED at the papers and saw the train wreck. That's all I did. Anyone who looks at the bracing literature honestly will see the same thing.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I care about their kids.
                              What a way to take care about their kids! Trying they parents decide surgery for them discarding any other option! Nobody might know if at least just one of them could have avoided surgery! Immoral is not enough to say!

Comment

Concerned Dad, a scientist like myself focused on evidence, was convinced of my REPEATING the arguments of experts in this field about lack of evidence of bracing and took his child out of brace. She made it well past the point of skeletal maturity sub-surgical. It was only years after she was mature that her curve progressed. She was saved from failed bracing.

He LOOKED at the papers and saw the train wreck. That's all I did. Anyone who looks at the bracing literature honestly will see the same thing.
                                Ok, you don't care what may happen with adults as that case I remember well. Also not young adults, no? So if they take a bad decision for their body after reading your posts is not your problem. What a strange interpretation about what is ethical and what not!
                                Why you don't prove you are a scientist? Kevin did it without any problem. He is enough honest and smart of course to know how much he may influence in people saying to be a scientist. If it would be true, something too much dificult to believe, it would sure be the only case around the world doing what you are doing here in the the way you are doing it.
                                Surgeons, physicians, may confuse some things for instance evidence with published evidence as it seems to be happening with you. And certainly show me a scientist saying as you say in a categorical way that braces don't work, they cannot avoid a surgery. It's enough evidence to think they can of course!
                                Last edited by flerc; 07-19-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X