Need Advice Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tina--

Sidney has been wearing the SpineCor for three months. We will have a check-up every three months from now on. He does do 15 minutes of exercises each day with it. It has been hard for him because up until recently we were doing MFR 1x per week, chiropractic every two weeks, and acupuncture every 3 weeks or so. It was really cutting into his time after school. The acupuncture is over, and we will have a break in other treatments for the holidays....He's hanging in there, but with homework and violin lessons, there's not much downtime, which he craves--he's a bookworm. It's a lot, and I only have one child!! I'm not sure how other mothers do it.

Mary Ellen

Comment

HI
      I've read that there isn't much on here regarding the Cheneau brace. My 13 year old got fitted in June. Her curves were about 48 and 47'. In brace xrays have her with 15' correction of both. I also went with her to meet a Schroth trained therpist. She learned some exercises and I plan on having her do the full 2 week training at some point so she can learn how to hold / correct her body . I believe in both!

Comment

WNCmom

Wow! Sidney sounds busy as well! It really does cut into their leisure time...makes you feel bad for them. My husband and I talk about how mentally drained we are from it all, I can't grasp how drained they must feel!

Comment

scoliomom

I have't read much about the Cheneau brace...actually I didn't even know it existed until I found this forum. I wonder how its different from the regular hard brace, such as the boston? Is there a treatment protocol with the brace?

Comment

Scoliomom:

How much does a Cheneau brace cost approximately?
            Also how much is the schroth therapy?
            How long do you go for the treatment in the U.S.?

Thanks. Ruth
            Last edited by rtremb; 12-11-2007, 04:07 PM.
            Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

I think a Cheneau brace is about $4200 USD. I spoke with the Wisconson clinic regarding Schroth therapy. They were very pleasant on the phone and emailed me information too. The recommended two-week/10-day therapy is about $8000 with insurance and $4600 without.
              Last edited by 2kids; 12-12-2007, 01:09 PM.
              Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
              Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
              Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
              May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
              Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
              Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
              Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
              Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
              Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
              Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
              Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

2Kids:
                Thank you.
                Ruth
                Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Cheneau brace

The Cheneau brace is different from other braces in that it addresses both the curve AND the rotation of the spine. It's custom-made, so each person's brace looks different.

Comment

Working...
                  X