No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI Celia!!! The appointment went fine, she's holding at a 6 (in brace); she was a "1" in brace last time, but no concern, everyone's pleased. Still makes me worried . . . . No parts replaced, we asked about her thigh straps losing their velcro "stick," they advised us to go see a shoemaker, otherwise it's $500 to replace. No adjustments made to brace, back in 5/6 months. pat

Comment

• Pat,

Hmmm....6 in brace is still very good correction and keep in mind that she is in the middle of her growth spurt. We definitely have to get the brace replaced next time we go and I guess it means going back 5 weeks later for adjustments. I'm going to see if we can forego x-rays for the fitting and then have an x-ray done 5 weeks later I wonder if the scoliometer will suffice.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• 1 degree or 6 degree, its all withing the margin of error, so looks good to me!

celia; appears to me as well that x-rays at this stage are not going to change the management at all. So quite reasonable to ask not to have x-rays (the'll tell you if they disagree)

Comment

• Pat,

That is a really good appointment. We are used to hearing numbers in the 20's and late 30's in-brace. So 6 sounds amazing to me. I'm really happy for you.

Melissa
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• its you next week, isn't it Melissa, must be getting tense. So much hope for you you'll have good news!!

Comment

• Thanks, Gerbo,

It is out of our control. No matter what happens, I am so proud of Nicole for wearing her brace with such dedication. I appreciate everyone's support. I will report back to y'all as soon as we get back on the 13th.

Melissa
              Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• think you should be proud of yourself as well, just for sheer determination to get the best possible outcome for your daughter and just keeping going!!

wish you lots of strength and if i was religious I'd pray for you!

gerbo

Comment

• spinecor

Pat,

We had to replace the velcro on my daughter's brace. I took it to a friend who can sew. We tried to sew it over the old velcro, but that didn't work, so we eventually just replaced the whole piece. Good luck.

Ann Rairdon
                  Mother to 14 year old daughter
                  Diagnosed with infantile scoliosis at 6 months (54 degree left thoracic)
                  Boston Brace for 5 years.
                  Montreal to see Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard 7/04 to 1/08(spinecor brace and 3 casts)
                  surgery with Dr. Clements Oct. 2008 (8 staples and a hybrid rod)
                  3 lengthenings with Dr. Samdani
                  Scheduled for fusion with Dr. Samdani

Comment

• new with spinecor brace

My 8 year old son has a 31 thoracic degree curve and we decided to go with sinecor. We left to Montreal 2 weeks ago and at the initial fitting his cuve went from 31 to 7 degree. We were so happy.He is wearing the brace OK, but we have some problems with strap number 1 that gets disconnected sometimes even if he sneezes. I called in Montreal and they told me to go to a shoe maker with it. Now I am thinking that we've paid so much on it and I am worried that a shoe maker wouldn't be fit to work with it. Any suggestions will be greately appreaciated. By the way I love your thread, I ve been reeding it many times before we decided to go with spinecor. Thank you for all your help.
                    Adriana
                    Adriana, mom to Luke and Mark
                    Luke is 10 years old in spinecor since november 2006 and his curve is 6 degrees in brace from 31

Comment

• Thanks, Gerbo,

It's nice to know you are thinking of us. Praying for good news at this point, doesn't make sense anyway. The curve is what it is. Too late now for it to become something else. It's like the old saying that if you hear firetrucks and you pray that it isn't your house that is burning. But the house is already burning, so the prayer isn't going to change that. Sorry if I am being too philosophical.

But I will be praying that God gives me the strength to be strong, no matter what the outcome.

As far as the woman whose son went from a 31 to an 8, that is awesome!!! Sorry I don't remember your name. I can't imagine that putting on a snap needs to be done by any expert from Spinecor. I believe Celia has had that done before. I am very happy that your son had such great success!!! Glad we could be of help. Hope you will join in our lively discussions!!! Where do you live?

Melissa
                      Melissa

Comment

• Melissa

We live in Portland, Oregon.I hope the brace will hold down the curve, I can't be too happy yet, I am still very worried. We have tried so many other treatments and none of them lowered his curve.
                        Luke is 10 years old in spinecor since november 2006 and his curve is 6 degrees in brace from 31

Comment

• Kalarasy,

I think it is extremely encouraging that he went down so much in Spinecor. What other treatments did you try? How long ago was he diagnosed?

Melissa
                          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa

We had a providence night brace, boston brace, tried asco, chiropractor treatments, medical gymnastick and deep massage in Europe. He was diagnosed when he was 7 with a 20 degree curve and despite all these treatments his cuve progressed to 31 degrees. My son is tired of going to the doctors. Now we are doing pneumex in combination wth spinecor.
                            Adriana

Comment

• Adriana,

That is amazing. You really have tried a lot of things. Have you ever been on the threads where people were talking about stapling at Shriner's in Phila. If Spinecor wasn't giving such good results for your guy so far, that would have been a possibility.

Do they know what is causing his scoliosis at such a young age? Or is it an unknown like it is for my daughter?

Melissa
                              Melissa

Comment

• Melissa

They don't know the cause, it may be ereditary, my sister has scoliosis. No, I don't know to much about stapling. I am trying to so anything I can to avoid any kind of surgery, but will see.
                                Thank you:
                                Adriana

Comment

Working...
                                X