spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bracing

Thank you everyone for your encouragement to do what we gotta do. I'll be asking the local Shriner's for a referral to Erie. Will be talking to the admissions gal today. By the way Kingston is on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula about an hour away from Seattle.

Comment

• I LOVE Seattle, we were there a few years ago when we did a road trip along the west coast. Good news to report.... I got the cheque in the mail this week from the insurance co. for the 4 replacement elastic bands.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• spinecor brace

Hello all! Here's a U.S. distributor that just got on board and is now offering the brace

http://www.beckerorthopedic.com/spinecor/

Comment

• spinecor

Thank you Pat: I'll be giving this infor to our orthotics guy (who said they quit using Spinecor because parts were hard to get) and chiropracters. Megan

Comment

• Pat,

Thanks so much. I really enjoyed watching the video and seeing my two favorite doctors. I just made a short dvd of Nicole doing her tap and ballet classes in her spinecor brace. I thought the doctors in Montreal would like to see it. Maybe they can use it for something. I will either send it to them or give it to them in July.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Melissa
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Melissa,

I'm sure Drs Rivard and Coillard will be thrilled to see the DVD. The last time we were there, Deirdre brought with her a picture she drew of herself standing in a garden with a rainbow overhead. The real spooky thing about the rainbow was that the uppermost colour was thick black. In another picture she drew for her previous ortho, she was in the picture with black clouds surrounding the sun. She's only 5 years old.....I don't know where she gets these things

Oh....next time any of you are there take a look at it - it's on display in the waiting room with a hundred other pictures.
              Last edited by Celia; 06-11-2006, 08:23 PM.

Canadian eh
              Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Hi!

Hello! You're welcome!!! We're heading back up to Montreal sometime in July.
                Pat

Comment

• Pat,
                  I hope we are there the same time. Nicole's appt is on July 20 at 1:00.
                  I'm sure it will be a short one. We're not even doing x-rays.

Melissa
                  Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• St. Justine's at it again..

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...3a74fc&k=75291

Just thought you guys'd like to know how cutting edge St. Justine's is with scoliosis.
                    An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out, and that the growing generation is familiarised with the ideas from the beginning.

Max Planck (the founder of Quantum Physics)

Comment

• Just thought you guys'd like to know how cutting edge St. Justine's is with scoliosis

....time will tell....

Comment

• Can one of you post that on SpineKids? You can probably do it easier than I could.

Thanks so much for that article.

Melissa
                        Melissa

Comment

• that's awesome!!! All the kids on SK would be really excited to hear that!
                          Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

• Shriners Erie appointment results

We were advised that no bracing will probably prevent her from eventual surgery but did not recommend surgery now. The orthotist was not there but was scheduled to work at the time to appointment was made. We didn't get to have her 3 month brace adjustment, and were disappointed. We will still continue Spinecor, and he said if it is not disruptive to us we could try it. We asked if xrays would be done and they did, but he later recommended only PA (back facing) xray every 6 months to minimize exposure from getting breast cancer. She has had alot of xrays. 9 total in 4 months if you include the hand xray Shriners did to see her growth. My daughter was very upset. She is really scared about surgery, so we let her know that's one doctor's opinion only. The first Pediatric Orthopedic recommended hard bracing only. We are concerned about her curve being unflexible.
                            Last edited by Mom37; 06-18-2006, 05:10 PM. Reason: adding
                            Shirley
                            Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

• Abby...

I recently had a SpineCor back brace. They do allow you to move but aren't all that comfortable. On the other hand, in my opinion MUCH more bearable than more rigid types.
                              -Abby

Comment

• So....how is everyone managing the summer heat with the brace ? Deirdre gets hot very quickly - I think the body suit adds to the problem. She had a fever a couple of weeks ago and I had to remove the body suit so she could stay cool. She has been swimming a lot..... on weekends when we go to the lake she doesn't wear the brace for 4 - 5 hour stretches. I feel really guilty about this - I can't wait for Fall.

Canadian eh

Comment

Working...
                                X