spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Blue Crystal,
    Don't beat yourself up. You know I had some loose strap issues over the past 4 months, and decided that I won't let a loose strap go unattended again. It's hard to have any slip ups! I hope all goes well from now on.
    Any time lost seems like a huge deal. I know that is how I feel and deal with it. Hugs to you.
    Cheryl
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Hi Melissa,
      Sorry I haven't posted about our visit yet. My computer has been down, and I'm waiting for a full second opinion evaluation before I decide where I stand.
      Both visits were helpful. I'll give you a full report soon.
      You are a sweetie to check on us and care.
      What a great support group we have!

CloggerX,
      I am so proud for your results!

Fondly,
      Cheryl
      God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• With respect to the "washing" discussion - I asked Andrew Mills when he checked my daughter's brace and said I had been putting the entire bottom portion in a lingerie bag and into the washing machine on warm and the dryer on delicate and he said it was no problem as long as the dryer had very low heat. I mentioned that the paper labels washed off but my daughter knew which straps went to the proper snaps. He said they are looking into a more permanent method of labeling the snaps on the plastic pieces. I also told him I washed the top the same way without taking it apart. My daughter's straps are fine after 4 months of washing it once a week and the drying does make the elastic portions tighten up. She doesn't need new straps yet but I can imagine we'll be replacing them before the next year is up. I think the brace gets diritier with a teen or older child as my daughter does not wear the body suits (makes it much hotter) so the brace is next to her skin. It is interesting though as when you dry other elastic things in the dryer it makes the elastic brittle over time. But if I didn't put it in the dryer it would be hard to get it back to her in a short time (of course that would be her preference )

Comment

• Question for SportsDoc

I noticed your post about your website and checked it out. Are you a certified Spinecor brace distributor? I noticed their dancer graphic on your site but you are not listed on the official SpineCor web site as a provider.

Comment

• I've completed phase 1 of accreditation and received permission from Mr Mills for uses of logos and name. I wouldn't dream of impinging on someone else's intellectual property...

I'll be added to the listing once phase 2 is completed.

Please give me some feedback on the web site. I've chosen to make it simple to load and easy to navegate over flash graphics...
            My original intention was to design very pretty looking web site..
            but then, that would've been useless..
            i've just about ported entire web site from official spinecor site and am adding a lot more information as we go...as time permits...

This web site's intention is for spinecor users to be able to keep getting up to date information on scoliosis studies without hunting around for them in different sites...

I've obtained a copy of video of spinecor coverage in UK on TV...
            will be putting that on shortly...
            An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out, and that the growing generation is familiarised with the ideas from the beginning.

Max Planck (the founder of Quantum Physics)

Comment

• To SportsDoc

Thanks for the info - great idea to put everything in one place. At times you have to be a diligent researcher of the net to try and locate things. That's one reason this forum is so awesome.

How long have you been treating scoliosis?

Comment

• although I have been trained in posture correction many years ago, I've never really delved into it until i've come across spinecor...I've been mostly into sports rehab...but my qualification really isn't an issue...

I'm mostly doing fitting only to start with...there's absolutely no way I could do rehab for every patients I see from all over the state...I'm mostly putting my energy on finding good scoli rehab docs who'll take over the rehab portion..realistically, driving more than 30 min wouldn't be in the best interest of patients...

As far as fitting the braces go, I'm making it avaiable on multiple sites..although in any given time most patients won't be more than 1-2 hour drive from my main clinic..with other fitting sites, they'll be less than 30 min from it making it easily accessible.

I have found excellent docs out in OC and LA region...and am continually looking to add more to the referral list...their qualification far exceeds what I could offer...

I will eventually offer more rehab services as time progresses...but I'd like to check out what's out there first...before incormporating any of my ideas...
                An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out, and that the growing generation is familiarised with the ideas from the beginning.

Max Planck (the founder of Quantum Physics)

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone knew how often the elastic bands have to be replaced ? Is it once every year or less ? How does one know if the bands are due for a change ?

Canadian eh
                  Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Celia,
                    I believe Nicole needed hers replaced after 5 or 6 months. I am wondering if it is because she dances in it 6 days a week, approx 12 hours a week. Plus she has 2 40 degree curves.

Melissa
                    Melissa
                    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Celia Vogel
                      Oh man, now I'm really confused !
                      has anybody ever suggested you might have a bit of a stubborn streak in you........

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbo
                        has anybody ever suggested you might have a bit of a stubborn streak in you........

Maybe just a wee bit. Actually come to think of it…. hubby and I never agree on anything but I always attributed this to his stubbornness.

O.K. so this is what I'm going to do - next follow up replace all 4 elastic bands ($120.00). My thinking is that if I only replace one elastic band the tension will not be uniform for all the bands. Also, with summer quickly approaching the bands will probably take a beating. So every six months replace the bands

Canadian eh
                        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• I would order the straps and wear them a few days before the adjustment so that they will already be stretched that bit they stretch before the adjustment.
                          Celia,
                          I have also noticed your stubborn streak and enjoy it very much!
                          I am very partial to stubborn people. tee hee hee! lol!
                          I have been giggling all week.
                          (No offense. I am extremely stubborn, too. Think it is an essential character trait!)

Comment

• Maybe just a wee bit. Actually come to think of it…. hubby and I never agree on anything but I always attributed this to his stubbornness.
                            I symphatise with your husband

O.K. so this is what I'm going to do - next follow up replace all 4 elastic bands ($120.00). My thinking is that if I only replace one elastic band the tension will not be uniform for all the bands. Also, with summer quickly approaching the bands will probably take a beating. So every six months replace the bands
                            if you are going to replace them anyway, why not just try washing them first, you're not going to lose anything anyway

PS, anybody with any affinity with huskydogs and polar environments (no names mentioned) who need a bit of a release of build up tension; go and see "8 below", an absolute fantastic emotional tearjerker produced by walt disney, "even" I could not keep my eyes dry in the end (which my children thought was hilarious)
                            Last edited by gerbo; 04-25-2006, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• I am extremely stubborn, too. Think it is an essential character trait
                              agree fully (i.e. that it is essential, specially in "our" circumstances)

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbo
                                I symphatise with your husband ) .....PS, anybody with any affinity with huskydogs and polar environments (no names mentioned) who need a bit of a release of build up tension;

I’m usually the voice of reason in discussions with hubby I'd also like to know how we went from discussing how I *might* be a wee bit stubborn to pent up tension? LOL !

Canadian eh

Comment

Working...
                                X