spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!
    Dr. Coillard said that the little bit of twisting I was seeing would not affect the efficacy of the brace. Of course, consult your own orthotist for any questions you have! Thanks for the support!
    Cheryl
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Great to hear it, c... small sigh of relief here. Our appointment is in a week and a half... the first followup appointment. I have no real questions... only that the brace seems a little 'loose', but I'm assuming that that's normal and that the followup will allow for tightening...

Comment

• Cheryl,

I'm so glad Dr. Coillard put your mind at ease ! When is your next appointment ? Maybe one of these days we'll meet up.

BlueCrystalman,

Good luck with your appointment ! I'm interested to hear how it goes. I spoke to Dr. Deutchman on the phone about a year ago and he sounds like a nice man - he has a very comforting voice I have really strong opinions about the neurological tests, but hey I'm not one to dictate how people should live.

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Celia,
          Our next appointment is in April, but I don't have the date yet. They said they would call me in March. I would love to get together!
          I'll let you know.

Blue Crystal,
          Thanks for the sigh of relief! Me too! Hope you have a GREAT visit with Dr. Deutchman!(holding my breath)
          We'll be prayng for you.
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Originally posted by cherylplinder
            Celia,
            Our next appointment is in April, but I don't have the date yet. They said they would call me in March. I would love to get together!
            I'll let you know.

Well it won't be in April Our appointment has not been finalized yet but I think it's sometime in June - I wanted July so I could take my son along and make a little vacation out of it, oh well *sigh* I really want to see the sights and enjoy Montreal in the summer. Maybe one day we'll share a latte and chocolate croissant at one of the lovely French Canadian bistros.

Canadian eh
            Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Sigh! That sounds nice! It would be lovely to have a friend to share Montreal with! Maybe next time, or maybe yours WILL be July, and mine(May, June, July is 3 months) will be the same. It won't hurt to dream!

Comment

• theres toooooooooo many posts

i dont even know what the question is theres way too many posts

Comment

• jessica, this is a thread in which users of the spinecor exchange experiences, answer eachothers questions and have a bit of fun along the way. Various questions have been asked, just go through the posts to find out

gerbo

Comment

• Thanks. One of the reasons I chose Dr. Deutchman was because him and his partner (can't remember his name... Mark I think) got on the phone with me for such a long time answering every single question, no matter how minor or how many. You're right... he has a very calming sense to him...

The latest 'wrinkle' so to speak is that the one strap is VERY loose... not sure if it stretched or not... but this is what drives me nuts... I want to tighten it, and have the ability to, and am sure if I called now at this late hour one of them would call me back, but it could wait til tomorrow, as I don't want to mess anything up.

From the good news department: He keeps forgetting to take it off for the two hours, which tells me he's completely comfortable with it... a big sigh of relief for me.

Comment

• Spinecor

Hi Everyone,
                      I wanted to share some good news this Valentine's Day. My insurance company originally wanted to pay me $200 for my Spinecor brace. I wrote a letter of appeal, and they are now paying all but about $900. What a great relief. I'm wondering if I can try to get more based on the fact that I have no choice but to go out of network to see Dr. Deutchman. There is nobody in my network who is involved with Spinecor. Anyone have any ideas?
                      Melissa
                      Melissa
                      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Congrats on getting more money from the insurance company! At this point, I would suggest that you keep fighting!

Mary Lou
                        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

• Melissa! That's great!!! I just got a letter from our ortho that I'm sending to our insurance company expressing the need for this brace. I'm hoping to recoup some $$.

Comment

• Melissa - that IS great news! As Mary Lou said, keep fighting. You have nothing to lose by asking for more based on the fact that, as you said, you really had no choice but to go out of network. All they can say is no.

Good Luck,
                            mariaf305@yahoo.com
                            Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                            Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by MATJESNIC
                              Hi Everyone,
                              I wanted to share some good news this Valentine's Day. My insurance company originally wanted to pay me $200 for my Spinecor brace. I wrote a letter of appeal, and they are now paying all but about $900. What a great relief.

Melissa,

I'm soooooo happy ! *thumbs up* What a great Valentine's gift

Pat,

Dr. Rivard gave me a letter to send to the insurance co. and it worked !

Canadian eh

Comment

• Excellent news! All but $900, based on what we just paid ($5,600) is pretty good! Our insurance pays about 70% for in network stuff (still waiting for the determination on my appeal)... so all but $900 would make me very happy.

Congratulations!!! Can I ask who your insurance carrier is?

Comment

Working...
                                X