spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa,
    I just got the news today. My mom had surgery Tuesday, and I have been out of the loop.
    I am so sorry. It sounds like your little trooper is being true to form and handling the news with strength and grace! I am glad there are so many that have forged this path successfully! I know all will be great.

Pola,
    It is so good to hear from you! I think about you often and am pretty sure I checked recently to see if you had posted anywhere to see how you and Anastasia were. I am so glad you are doing well!

Hugs!
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Thanks, Cheryl.

I appreciate everyone's love and support. It makes a world of difference!!! I will keep you all posted after her appt. on Tuesday. I hope Rachel is doing well.
      Melissa
      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Rachel goes next month. We'll see then. She looks O.K. I am always a wreck a few days before! I know you understand.

I love my NSF friends. You have made all the difference in our journey through scoliosis. You have made me blessed in my trial! I love you!

Our prayers will be with you, Melissa! I love you!

Cheryl
        God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• My mom came through her cancer surgery like a champ. The endometrial cancer was 50% through the uterine wall, but the lymph nodes are all clear!
          She is improving every day!
          Thanks for the prayers!
          Cheryl

Comment

• 1) that sounds very promising, you must feel a bit relieved there.

2) your personal and kind words are always appreciated. Great to have you "on board" on our spinecor-thread

Comment

• Cheryl,

So glad everything went well! You must be so exhausted ((((hugs))))

Canadian eh
              Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Yeah, relief is definitely the word! lol And yes, exhaustion would describe how I feel! lol
                Hugs!

Comment

• Cheryl,

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad your Mom is doing well. I will keep you all posted after tomorrow's appt.
                  Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Mellissa,
                    I've been thinking about you today.............Praying all went as you wanted...........Let us know................
                    Hugs,
                    Cheryl

Comment

• I am posting in the surgical section.
                      Melissa

Comment

• Gallathea

Are you out there? I was re reading your post about going to the meeting in Boston. You mentioned that there are chiro's here in the US that are trained to work with Spinecor. My daughters has been getting muscle spasms in her neck (knots so big I can feel them) It has happened 4 times in the last 3-4 months. I think a chiroprator could releive them quicker than me (I massage and use ice or heat. they last 3-4 days) My Chiropractor can get rid of mine on the spot! I would be very interested in find a "list" of these docs. Any Ideas so I can try to avoid bothering Dr. Rivard.

By the way everyone
                        Our new bodysuits from bodysuits.com are coming tomarrow. I will share info as soon as we try them.

My daughter and I are going to take a trip to see Rita at bodysuit. Rita is going to use my daughter to design bodysuits for all of us. Anything you all want to add to the design please let me know. (we are working on a bikeshort design right now)

Christine
                        from CT, USA
                        6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                        8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                        10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                        10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                        10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                        4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                        8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                        2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                        3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your daughter's neck pain! Luckily Deirdre doesn't get any pain and everything *knock on wood* is going smoothly. I ordered 6 bodysuits about two weeks ago but Rita couldn't ship until June 1 so I guess I'll be receiving the order soon too What's the grub and Japanese Beetle situation like? Did you order the beneficial nematodes?

Canadian eh
                          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Celia

I have not. I dropped the ball. The beetles do not hatch till July 4 ish so I don't know if the milky spore kicked in yet or not. The grass looks healthy still so I do not think the grubs are feeding yet. (hopefully they are gone!) Can I apply the nemetodes anytime? If I start to see wear on the grass will it still work? I know the Grubex needs to be applyed before damage is seen.

Our bodysuits are due to arrive today. I am going to keep my fingers crossed my daughter likes them. They are sooo much cheaper than the spinecor suits.

Christine
                            from CT, USA
                            6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                            8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                            10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                            10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                            10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                            4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                            8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                            2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                            3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• A little advice please?

Hi everyone.

I have posted once on this thread before, but I understand that this has been a very traumatic time for you all and you may not remember me.

If all goes well at Immy's appointment next Friday (15th), we should walk away with her Spinecor brace. I wonder whether you could cast your minds back to your first few days/weeks with the brace and advise me of what we might expect. For example whether I should buy anything in such as alcohol (not for me or course!) for sore spots, etc.

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks,

Laura
                              UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
                              10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
                              Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

• Laura,

Thank you for that laugh!!!! Yes, you will need lots of booze!!! Just kidding. Really for Nicole, it was no big deal. The only thing that sometimes irritates is by the bikini line. Dr. Coillard told Nicole last week that she could try crossing the crotch straps. Of course, we never got a chance to do that.

There are 10 ways to wear Spinecor and not everyone has a strap that irriates under the arm. But Nicole did. Moleskin on the straps that irritate may help.

Nicole honestly misses wearing her brace. It was really not that big of a deal. And she is not an easy-going type of kid to begin with.

I wish your daughter much success.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X