No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, everyone. It's good to know that you are out there. Thanks for the encouragement.
    I am also noticing that my daughter's #3 band (the one that goes around her right shoulder), has gotten very loose. Does this tend to happen? I am SO glad to be going to Montreal soon, to check all of this out. I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks...Nancy.

Comment

• Actually, I don't think the strap should be loose. I would check with dr. Coillard. We already had this discussion last year sometime but I think the straps should never be loose.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• It was okay for our #2 strap to be loose, but since each brace is done differently you should check with Dr. Colliard. She should be able to give you an answer over e-mail.
        From Massachusetts, USA
        7-yr.-old daughter in Spinecor 9/06-10/07
        Vertebral stapling surgery done 10/07 at Shriners in Philadelphia

Comment

• I am OK-ish, not as good as I want to be as I have been feeling very unsettled since Celia told me off for lack of initiative. However, this did spur me into overdue action, and following melissa's further advice, I have taken some pictures and send them to montreal today to see whether I'll be getting some useful advice.

gerbo

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbo
            I am OK-ish, not as good as I want to be as I have been feeling very unsettled since Celia told me off for lack of initiative.
            gerbo
            This is what friends are for! It's called tough love.

Canadian eh
            Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• sometimes a tree needs shaking to bear its fruit..... (from gerbo's little purple book of plattitudes, 2nd extensively revised edition)

Comment

• Gerbo,

I hope you get the reassurance you are looking for.
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Some of you may not know I'm a real gardening enthusiast. Here are a few pictures of little beauties blooming in my garden.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...elia1063-1.jpg
                  http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../celia1069.jpg

Last edited by Celia; 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM.

Canadian eh

Comment

• Very pretty flowers. I didn't know you were into gardening. I wish I was. It seems like it would be an amazing passion. I have never planted anything.

Christine, if you are out there, Roxy is getting spayed today.

Where did this school year go? We just got back late last night bringing Matthew home from Penn State. Freshman year is over. Now I get to go back to worrrying about driving and staying out late.
                    Melissa
                    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• I take out all my frustrations on the weeds and I pull them with a vengeance! It's my way of bringing order to chaos. Another side of me enjoys getting my hands dirty and playing in the soil.

Canadian eh

Comment

• Melissa
                        I am here. Roxy will be fine. I remember when I had Dora spayed (my English Setter Pup) I was a nervous reck!

Celia
                        I am also a gardener. I just planted 3 beautiful Holly bushes. 2 girls 1 boy. My house is only 6 years old, 2nd year with my pool landscape. So all my gardens are just coming together. It should be a great season for me. That is if I can ever get the grubs and japanese beatles under control!!

Everyone
                        My poor daughter is always hot even before brace. I tried to get her to try just wearing the brace no body suit. She started to cry and said "this is just weird" I need to figure out something before the heat hits.

Christine
                        from CT, USA
                        6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                        8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                        10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                        10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                        10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                        4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                        8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                        2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                        3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• My daughter had a meltdown putting the brace back on after school yesterday, due to the heat. We're in the 80's this week and very warm and humid. We tried with nothing under it, but she was itchy. So I tried a tank undershirt and panties with snaps; better but rubs more by the arms.

She also doesn't want the brace to show, so she doesn't want tank tops. I wish the developers would narrow the straps for the smaller children; there is no way they need to be the same width for an xxs size that they do for the xl. She'll melt if she doesn't change her mind. We've only had it a month, but I'm waiting for the days to become "normal". Our doctor said most younger patients adjust really easily, but our 6 year old is more like an 10 year old, and has all the social issues with it, along with why me, I don't like my brace, why does my back have to have a curve, etc.

I know the TLSO would be hotter and more form fitting, and she understands if she doesn't wear the spinecor we have to go to that. It doesn't make the heat any more manageable, though, and my heart breaks making her wear it.

Thanks everyone for listening... I know we're all in the same boat.

Linda
                          ------------------------------------------

Six year old daughter: right thoracic 31 degree 02/07; Spinecor 03/31/07 = 18 degree; 05/02/07 = 22 degrees; 07/15/07 = 6 degrees!!!!!

Twelve year old daughter: right thoracic 39 degree, Riser 2 07/07; Spinecor 08/20/07 = 30 degrees

Comment

• http://www.gilbert-mellish.co.uk/pro..._p/d_p17.shtml

these coolmax vests might be of some use, this is from a uk website, but I am quite sure they are actually produced in the states. I am sure you daughter alreadu has one of those handheld fans, they should be quite helpful as well

Comment

• Hello Gerbo. I was just checking out the link you posted. Have you used these? If so, how are they, and how much?
                              Linda, I am also worried about this heat issue. We have only had the spinecor for 1 month exactly, today, as well. My daughter has always sweated easily, and complains when it's hot, too.
                              I expect to have trouble with this, since we live in the deep south...Alabama. I expect that she will not be going outside as much. I hope it will be ok.
                              I am sure that all of the other families have had to deal with this, and that we will too, Linda.
                              Nancy.

Comment

• Hi everyone

I just spoke to Rita at bodysuits.com and she is willing to try to design a bodysuit for us. I am e mailing her a picture along with a wish list. It would be great if you guys want to chime in I think we all preety much have the same needs. Just put attention Rita from spinecor group.
                                Christine
                                from CT, USA
                                6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                                8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                                10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                                10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                                10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                                4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                                8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                                2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                                3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently