spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celia,
    Since both orthopedic doctors and Nicole's scoli doctor all said she had a typical case of id. ad. scoli and didn't need any tests done, I don't see any reason to question that. We looked on her x-rays and her curve is to the right. That is why the left blade sticks out. So I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks anyway, though.
    CyprusMom,
    Lots of luck at your appointment with Anastasia. I can't wait to hear how it goes. We have 17 days until we go to New York for our appt. I am going to keep Nicole out of her brace for 24 hours before we go. We will do brace-free x-rays first, then x-rays with the brace on. I am also so nervous. Nicole looks like she grew. She is tall for her age. She was 5'1'' when she was first measured in Sept. We just took our Christmas pictures and she looked almost as tall as her 15-year old sister.

Melissa
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Originally posted by MATJESNIC
      I am going to keep Nicole out of her brace for 24 hours before we go. We will do brace-free x-rays first, then x-rays with the brace on. I am also so nervous.
      Why are you keeping her out of the brace for 24 hours? This differs from the Spinecor protocol where the only out of brace xrays are taken on assesment. I am sure you must have some reason for it, just interested.

Talk about nerves. "My" daughter has her first assesment with mr Mills, Spinecor manufacturer (and orthotist), this friday. This is our current "big hope" I am very tense, this could be good, but reversely, it could be so disappointing.......

gerbo
      Last edited by gerbo; 10-27-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• check-up went well

Hello all!
        My daughter had her one-month check-up last week, everything's going well, she's at a "1" in brace, they tightened some straps and now we don't back for 4 months.
        Melissa, I too, am quite curious to see what they are out of brace, my daugther has an appt in March w/her "regular" ortho, and I'm very tempted to keep the appt. and have her x-rayed out of brace. p

Comment

• Pat,

YAHOOOOOO!!!! Absolutely FANTASTIC news ! When were you there ? We probably just missed you !

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Celia!!!!
            I didn't go, Dad took her, I stayed home with the rest of the troops!!! They were up on Thursday afternoon.

It is wonderful, isn't it!!?? Thanks! Pat

Comment

• Pat,

Is your husband tall and blond ? There was a gentleman in the waiting room with a little girl from the U.S.

Canadian eh
              Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Celia!
                This is great!
                He's certainly tall (6'3"), but he's a redhead, and my "little girl" is a teen! So, I suspect it wasn't them!!! Pat

Comment

• pat, can you remind you what your starting position was, i.e., what curve at what level how long ago??

Comment

• Pat,

You're in demand today Any word on the Spinecor longterm followup study ? I know you mentioned it on another thread.

Canadian eh

Comment

• Hi Spinecor Moms,
                      Pat, I am so happy for you. I remember you talking about your active daughter who likes to climb trees. But I can't remember what her curve was or what her initial correction was at the first appt. Please fill us in. Also, does she want to start communicating with Anastasia and Nicole? They are all 11 years old. But now I am getting confused. Gerbo, how old is your daughter?
                      In answer to the question about out-of-brace x-rays --- I don't remember if I said I wanted it done or if Dr. Deutchman wants it done. Even though Spinecor is a different brace, I need to know, for my own knowledge, what her curve is without the brace on. I wouldn't feel right only knowing what it is in the brace. If it goes down in the brace, does that mean the curve goes down out of the brace? I don't know. As far as the 24 hour thing, I suggested it to Dr. Deutchman and he indicated that there was no set rule about that as far as Spinecor is concerned. With a hard brace, that is definitely the rule. But he told me I could do it if I wanted. So that is why I am doing it.
                      I am still waiting for Special-Clothes to do the alterations on my bodysuits. When I looked in their brochure, it seems that most orders take 3-4 weeks because they don't keep a lot in stock. How is everyone doing with their bodysuit situation?
                      My daughter Nicole, upon finding out the cost of her brace, informed me that it was a rip-off. She, herself could have taken a bunch of bands and made the brace herself. "Now you tell me." I said. "Why didn't you tell me sooner that you were capable of making a Spinecor brace. I could have saved all of that money!!!!" lol !!! Nicole has been angry about her brace lately and has changed its name from Roxy to Crap. Cruddy, ridiculous, annoying, pest. I told her I liked the name because part of the reason I think she says these things is to get a reaction from me. Anyway, she says that if we find out the brace is working, she will change it back to Roxy. She also doesn't want to tell Dr. Deutchman about the name Crap because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings. Just thought I would share a little about my daughter today!

Melissa

Originally posted by Celia Vogel
                      Pat,

You're in demand today Any word on the Spinecor longterm followup study ? I know you mentioned it on another thread.
                      Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• [QUOTE=gerbo]pat, can you remind you what your starting position was, i.e., what curve at what level how long ago??[/QUOTE
                        My daughter has a right thoracic of 20 w/compensatory lumbar of 17. Her sister has had fusion surgery, so her risk of increasing is quite great. A month ago, in brace, her curve was 7, now it's 1. She's 12 years old. Melissa, I'll ask her about communicating w/Anastasia and Nicole, I think it would be neat, but she's not much of a computer person, she's a "mover!"
                        Melissa, I'm still waiting for my Special Clothes order, BUT, I've gotten all my bodysuits from Bodysuits.com, and they've been great, worked out beautifully, the owner was wonderful about fine-tuning just what we needed. I'm very pleased.
                        Celia, since I didn't attend last week's appointment, my husband didn't ask him anymore about the long-term study and when and where it will be published.
                        Thanks again everyone! You've all been so helpful!
                        Did I forget anything/anyone!!!?? pat

Comment

• Hey Gang,

I haven't got the body suits either, maybe she's swamped with all the orders Should I call her ? I really hope it's good news for everyone, such a great way to bring in the holidays ! I was just thinking about the out of brace x-rays and wonder whether it's really necessary at this point - I mean aren't they more relevant when growth is complete or attempts are made to wean from the brace ? What do you all think ?

Canadian eh

Comment

• Spinecor

Pat,
                            That is great news!!!!! I am so happy for all of you. Thanks so much for the info. It was really helpful!!!! Take care.
                            Melissa
                            Melissa

Comment

• Hi Spinecor Moms,
                              But now I am getting confused.
                              Also about the fact I am a spinecor-DAD??

Gerbo, how old is your daughter?
                              also eleven, going on 16 1/2. She is very happy today as for a whole three days she is not to wear her hard brace at all, in preparation for our spinecorassesment on friday.

Nicole has been angry about her brace lately and has changed its name from Roxy to Crap.
                              general teenage tantrum or something specific about the brace?? (brace is a word not to be used in our house, she hates it)
                              Last edited by gerbo; 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• A month ago, in brace, her curve was 7, now it's 1. She's 12 years old.
                                That is fantastic, and encouraging to know that the Spinecor clearly "has the power" to do something

gerbo

Comment

Working...
                                X