Low radiation x-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks scoliboymom,

We live a couple hours from Charlottesville so it's doable for us to go there. My concern is that it is a private practice, and they may not have a lot experience x-raying children, and that may make a difference in whether we get an accurate x-ray. It would be great to hear from someone who has been there with a child and has prior experience with the EOS as well so they can compare. Our doc here has a brand new digital machine which I am told is lower radiation than older ones (and much lower than traditional film) so it's tempting to keep getting the x-rays done here for consistency while at the same time it's tempting to try to lower her exposure as much as possible.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Schroth program-Do you think it works?

My daughter has had a similar situation. My daughter is a little older though. She is 14. She was just diagnosed with scoliosis.She is at a Risser of 1, and I had one doctor tell me she had an S curve of 31 and 33, and another doctor tell me it was 41 and 48, based on two different x-rays taken three weeks apart. One doctor says to brace, the other said to prepare for certain progression and sugery. I dont want surgery! I am looking into all alternatives. Did you attend the 4-6 week program of the Schroth method? It's very expensive and not covered by insurance, but I am willing to try it if I can get some feed back from people who have done it. Do you feel that it worked for your daughter? My daughter is also swimming, dancing, taking pilates and yoga. Do you know if pilates and yoga are good or bad for scoli kids? There seems to be some differences of opinion on that.Do you think the swimming helps? Sorry for so many questions,but my daughter was just diagnosed and I'm trying to make sense of it all. Thanks for any help you can provide!
      Chris

Comment

just FYI..there have been several discussions of low dose X-rays under the "diagnostic procedures" section of the forum...

jess

Comment

Working...
        X