Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop trying to convince that official western medical community is the only option..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I want to make it abundantly clear that I don't want anyone horning in on my "immoral" gig.
    Yes, obviously you are doing something immoral here.. certainly it could not be something difficult to do for someone dishonest as you showed to be.
    Last edited by flerc; 05-24-2013, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    Ah, a joke. So, just post when you want to restate the question again so that I can answer. I'm posting lightly, but I don't find any of this funny.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    Originally posted by hdugger View Post
    Then restate your question, because I didn't see anything else there.
    The question was why isn't bizarrality a word when it is required for certain discussions?

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    Then restate your question, because I didn't see anything else there. I responded to this "bizarrality of your claim that asking someone who is making a claim to show evidence is ever inappropriate"

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    No, I do not believe any parent on this forum has an *obligation* to *prove to you* any of their results.
    Nor do I. At least we agree on that.

But of course that wasn't the question.

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    I have no idea what this has to do with science and religion, but I'm just going to make a list of the emotionally-charged words and phrases, and then I'll get to my response:

bizarrality
    Are conservative treatments a religion
    take offense at having to show proof

Again, not sure what all of that has to do with anything.

My response to what I think you're asking, after I get past all that.

No, I do not believe any parent on this forum has an *obligation* to *prove to you* any of their results. People come on here to talk about their kids or themselves. They're looking for support, or information, of just someone who might understand what they're going through. It's not science, religion, or whatever all of that stuff was in your first post. It's just someone who wants to talk about their experience with scoliosis.

Either they are welcomed into the forum in the same way that everyone else is. Either we make a place for them in exactly the same way we make a place for everyone else. Or someone has to explain to me why it is right and proper that we do not. Someone has to explain to me why some mother coming to this forum gets the most unfriendly greeting I've seen in months just because *your* curiosity is not satisfied.
    Last edited by hdugger; 05-24-2013, 08:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    Do people paying thousands of dollars to alternative treatment purveyors think they are buying science or religion?

I should say it is not really the parent making the claim of a reduced curve. It is CLEAR. The parent is innocently repeating it.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    Well I am still in shock from the bizarrality of your claim that asking someone who is making a claim to show evidence is ever inappropriate. If my point was unclear then I apologize but I was typing and trying to hold the pieces of my head together lest they fly apart.

Are conservative treatments a religion and therefore they must take offense at having to show proof or are they a science wherein their sole role and goal is to show proof to make their case?

Which is it?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't understand making claims should be accompanied with evidence can't contribute in a meaningful way.

Do you think Martha Hawes, Research Scientist, whose entire career is evidence-based research, would be offended at being asked to show her radiographs? Did she really even need to be asked to put them in her publications on her case? Would the thought even cross her mind NOT to include them in her publications?

Your comments on this point are well beyond bizarre.

Are conservative treatments a religion? Those are the only people who ever take offense at being asked to provide evidence. Don't conservative treatments claim to be science?

Is that the real reason conservative treatment patients have left? Being asked to show evidence for their claims?

Why do we still have surgery?

If cut do we not bleed?

Hello?
    I'm just going to let that float in the air for a second.

I'm not even going to try to untangle all of the threads. My head is spinning.

Published report = first post by parent on forum.

Something about religion. Not sure why it's there.

Demanding an xray before parent is allowed to post = normal behavior.

Not wanting to provide an xray in order to be able to post = not sure. Religion? Lack of scientific thinking? No, not sure.

Question about why we still have surgery. Not sure what that means.

Cutting bleeding.

A greeting.

No, can't make sense of it. All spinning so fast.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    "Is there any reason to suggest radiographs are NOT necessary in helping people decide? Are you suggesting people are trying to hide something???"
    This question was clearly directed at Hdugger, not the parent, and Hdugger knows it.

And what is Hdugger's answer? Does she or does she NOT think people are hiding things so that it becomes inappropriate to ask for evidence?

Just to be clear, that last line I typed was directed at HDugger, NOT a random parent. Can't be too careful.

I don't think there is a single parent trying to hide a damn thing. I think there might be some play in what they are being told by alternative treatment providers though. There is even some play in what surgeons tell patients (viz Concerned Dad's realization that his daughter's radiographs were being read in an irrationally exuberant fashion down Montreal way).
    Last edited by Pooka1; 05-24-2013, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    For Marie, Rohrer, Jess and anyone else who feels that it's unkind to talk about Pooka's posting patterns in this forum, I give re-post this sentence, posted to a newcomer to the forum.

"Is there any reason to suggest radiographs are NOT necessary in helping people decide? Are you suggesting people are trying to hide something???"

I'm going to ask you explicitly for your approval.

Do you think that a parent, brand new to the forum, who has posted a very calm reasoned post about her daughter's treatment and (measured) success should have to prove (I'm going to shout here - cover your ears) THAT SHE IS NOT HIDING SOMETHING BY NOT POSTING HER XRAYS!!!

Yes/No. Thumbs up, thumbs down. You are either fighting for Pooka's right to make this demand, or you are not.
    Last edited by hdugger; 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    - If you don't think they'll feel as welcome or be as likely to come back, does that bother you?
    Anyone who doesn't understand making claims should be accompanied with evidence can't contribute in a meaningful way.

Do you think Martha Hawes, Research Scientist, whose entire career is evidence-based research, would be offended at being asked to show her radiographs? Did she really even need to be asked to put them in her publications on her case? Would the thought even cross her mind NOT to include them in her publications?

Your comments on this point are well beyond bizarre.

Are conservative treatments a religion? Those are the only people who ever take offense at being asked to provide evidence. Don't conservative treatments claim to be science?

Is that the real reason conservative treatment patients have left? Being asked to show evidence for their claims?

Why do we still have surgery?

If cut do we not bleed?

Hello?
    Last edited by Pooka1; 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hdugger
    replied
    I believe I remember the exchange. Sharon had asked yet another conservative treatment parent to post their xrays (was it Tom? was it Flerc?) and that person had *responded* by asking her if she could post hers.

But that's still not the point I'm trying to make

Patient after patients posts their happy results of surgery, and we congratulate them. The first patient I've seen in months from Clear posts their happy results and they are asked, without friendly greeting, without so much as a how-de-doo:

* (a second time) if their surgeon has measured it
    * if they can post their xrays

as a *greeting*. As their first, "Hey, welcome to our forum"

Questions:

- Do you think that person will feel as welcomed, as safe, as at home as the surgery patient who has been roundly welcome and congratulated by everyone?
    - Do you think that person will be as likely to come back, to post again, to give updates?

and, I guess,

- If you don't think they'll feel as welcome or be as likely to come back, does that bother you?
    Last edited by hdugger; 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
    Sharon...weren't you recently asked if you would post radiographs of
    your daughters' X rays...?
    or was it that you were asked the degrees of your daughters' curves
    before and after surgery...?
    i definitely remember you were asked about your kids...their curves...
    and i thought the questioner also asked to see X rays...
    if i took the time to look for it, i could find the post that asked...

maybe you remember it...?

jess
    Yes and I certainly took no offence at being asked! I responded I had already posted them in because why not?

Is there a social taboo against asking ONLY folks doing conservative therapies for before and after radiographs but not against surgical before and after radiographs? I didn't get the telegram nor do I understand that social taboo if it exists. We have an entire thread of surgical before and after and yet no similar thread for conservative treatments that claim to reduce curves. Why?

Leave a comment:

• flerc
    replied
    Originally posted by mariaf View Post

When you say the work of Sharon and her accomplices "not seems to be the work that someone worry about apersonal scoliosis problem may do" can you please explain what you mean so that I can defend myself?

Are you saying I don't care about people with scoliosis? (My track record would gravely dispute that).

Are you saying I have never had to personally worry about someone with scoliosis? (Again, not accurate).

Please see above.
    I have not time for this. It seems I must to repeat always what I said before. In this forum I would to be talking about scoliosis, having meaningful and really long talks as I had time ago here with Kevin_Mc without your friend bothering that time.
    And always I read something about you is because you came in rescue of your friend. What the hell has to do this talk with a health problem that someone may has here?
    So you really have time for this, you don't need to spend your time talking about this in order to help people here as you said you do. You may talk about Vbs or whatever you want without any need to do what you always do when people try to keep a place here in order to talk about what needs to talk . So we are defenitely in different boats as I said to Susie. Maybe you are helping many people here but you are hurting others.
    And if you don't understand, read what I said to Rohrer01, I don't want to repeat again why people doing what you always do are accomplices here.
    Last edited by flerc; 05-24-2013, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X