Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP What to expect..hospital and beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for input!

I think you make a great point about getting copies of all the xrays. We did see each individual one as it was done, but don't have a comprehensive set. I think I am going to get copies and check with our family doctor as a contact between all the surgeons?

We will definitely confirm where the spine will be worked on and ask a lot of questions.

Thanks for your input. Sometimes you just take what you are told at face value and assume they must know what they are talking about. Plus we were so blindsided after being told for years that nothing needed to be done.

AT least I have a lot of questions now. I will let you know if we get any answers.

Kristen's MOM

Rosa
    Kristen's Mom
    --------------------------
    Diagnosed at 12 with 23 and 16 degree curves

Comment

Originally posted by rosa.smm View Post
      I think you make a great point about getting copies of all the xrays. We did see each individual one as it was done, but don't have a comprehensive set. I think I am going to get copies and check with our family doctor as a contact between all the surgeons?
      That's a thought but frankly, family doctors don't know much about orthopedic issues like this. I think you should handle and hold the radiographs and keep notes about what each orthopedic surgeon says about them. You can do this. You know more about your daughter's condition at this point than any GP.

We will definitely confirm where the spine will be worked on and ask a lot of questions.
      Yes the most important one being whether the lower curve is in fact compensatory and if it is, needing a very good reason supported by SEVERAL similar case studies showing it needs to be fused in order to avoid future surgeries.

Thanks for your input. Sometimes you just take what you are told at face value and assume they must know what they are talking about. Plus we were so blindsided after being told for years that nothing needed to be done.

AT least I have a lot of questions now. I will let you know if we get any answers.
      I understand completely. This is daunting. But you can come up to speed on many things associated with your daughter's case which you must do to help advocate for her. And you can certainly get a few opinons and see where they agree and disagree (this is likely) until you come to some consensus and understanding on how best to proceed. Your daughter's case is very unusual at least compared to the testimonials I have read over the last several years so I think you need to nail this and get the straight dope on all key matters. My daughters had fairly common curves and surgeries so the learning curve wasn't too steep for me.

Just my opinion. As always, good luck.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
      X