Rib pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib pain

Has anyone who had surgery by Dr. Lenke recently had any pain in their ribs prior to their surgery? Along with all the severe back pain I have (haven't had surgery yet) I seem to experience a lot of rib pain on the same side I have all my back pain. I have read on here of some people having to have ribs removed, wondered if that has happened with surgery from Dr. Lenke that anyone has had?
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Originally posted by RitaR View Post
    Has anyone who had surgery by Dr. Lenke recently had any pain in their ribs prior to their surgery? Along with all the severe back pain I have (haven't had surgery yet) I seem to experience a lot of rib pain on the same side I have all my back pain. I have read on here of some people having to have ribs removed, wondered if that has happened with surgery from Dr. Lenke that anyone has had?

My wife is 27 days out from surgery. She has ALWAYS experienced rib pain, and sometimes that pain seemed to out do her back pain (I am quite sure it is all connected) her pain management docs gave her lidocane patches that help TREMENDOUSLY! As far as rib removal, from my research seems to be very common. I know my wife's surgeon said he would be removing one at the least possibly more, my wife's outlook on that is, wow my waist will look smaller! Hope this helped.....best wishes in your journey!

Comment

hey rita
      i get botox shots in thoracic area, around ribs...that is where the muscles seem to bunch up the most...the shots help alot..for now, anyway...i go in to pain doctor in nyc tomorrow for botox shots, as it has been about 3-4 months since the last ones...

hope you feel better
      jess

Comment

Hi...

Rib removal has nothing to do with rib pain. In spine surgery, the two main reasons for rib removal are 1) for access to the front or side of the spine and 2) for reduction of a rib hump.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X