Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rehabilitation of adolescent patients with scoliosis—what do we know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic eh-hem, "debates"

I could be wrong (it has happened before), but I saw Linda's posting in a different light. Recently there were several deleted posts in a thread intended as place for a parent to post her experience, in a supportive atmosphere. Many comments were deleted, and rightly so, because they were off topic and explosive in nature - or, things which would not provide said patient with a supportive environment.

So I think Linda saw that this had the propensity to happen in this thread and she was trying to circumvent it. A proactive approach.

Bty, I suggested that we write to Lori Dolan (in the other thread) and query the clinical use of the term "in-brace study." I did write her and this was her reply:

I’m not aware of any studies where all the x-rays are taken with the brace on – usually in-brace x-rays are taken within a few weeks after the brace is delivered to check on pad placement, trimlines, decompensation, and the amount of curve correction. Otherwise, x-rays are taken out-of-brace.

Sometimes people will use the term “study” as they would radiograph, xray, film, etc. But usually it means what you’d think it does – i.e. a research study.

Comment

• Originally posted by mamamax View Post

Bty, I suggested that we write to Lori Dolan (in the other thread) and query the clinical use of the term "in-brace study." I did write her and this was her reply:
      Oh you and your infernal going to the sources to get an answer instead of fighting it out tooth and nail with insufficient information

Thanks for asking. Always good to have real info from the sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1
        If they are outside science's realm then they are nowhere. I accept that some things are probably not knowable.

But pretending to know things that can't possibly be known or that are in fact NOT known is intellectually dishonest. The Pope or any religious figure or person has no more knowledge of these things than atheists. They just pretend to have this knowledge whereas atheists admit they don't know.
        This is not OF TOPIC????

Comment

• Originally posted by hdugger View Post
          Oh you and your infernal going to the sources to get an answer instead of fighting it out tooth and nail with insufficient information

Thanks for asking. Always good to have real info from the sources.
          Hey! I represent that remark (haha) ... Thanks & you're welcome :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
            This is not OF TOPIC????
            I would say that due to nature of the post, in addition to it's religious nature .. and pretentious intellectual dishonesty, that yes, it was totally off topic. Up to Linda to decide whether or not to delete it - big job taking care of such things in this forum.

Comment

• Careful Folks

Don't get drawn into a discussion about religion with Pooka1 - it will shut this thread down!

Comment

• Please report posts on politics, religion, or things that are truly off-topic by clicking on the red triangle of that post.
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Okay I have removed all my posts on:

1. equestrian issues
                  2. psych as a non-hard science
                  3. the Pope as just a mammal like everyone else with no special knowledge

Apologies for making more work for Linda.
                  Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                  Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                    Okay I have removed all my posts on:

1. equestrian issues
                    2. psych as a non-hard science
                    3. the Pope as just a mammal like everyone else with no special knowledge
                    Leaving me feverishly discoursing with someone noone else can see. Apparently you *are* a pooka

Comment

• Get Fuzzy

You know, sometimes this place reminds me of the cartoon Get Fuzzy (attached)

Comment

Leaving me feverishly discoursing with someone noone else can see. Apparently you *are* a pooka
                        Well, I did post a bunch of off-topic crap in this thread. In removing the posts pre-emptively, I was just trying avoiding the inevitable spanking.
                        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by mamamax View Post

I’m not aware of any studies where all the x-rays are taken with the brace on – usually in-brace x-rays are taken within a few weeks after the brace is delivered to check on pad placement, trimlines, decompensation, and the amount of curve correction. Otherwise, x-rays are taken out-of-brace.

Sometimes people will use the term “study” as they would radiograph, xray, film, etc. But usually it means what you’d think it does – i.e. a research study.
                          Kudos mamamax! I vaguely remember you suggesting that...lol! How nice of Lori Dolan to respond to you. That was very kind of her to take the time.

Comment

oh you and your infernal going to the sources to get an answer instead of fighting it out tooth and nail with insufficient information

thanks for asking. Always good to have real info from the sources.
                            lol!

Comment

Yes, it is strange to read random postings in response to no one, but not nearly as bizarre as watching 3 pages disappear before my very eyes while I was rubbernecking from afar...
                              Amy
                              58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
                              Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
                              Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
                              2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
                              Exercising to correct

Comment

• Originally posted by foofer View Post
                                Yes, it is strange to read random postings in response to no one, but not nearly as bizarre as watching 3 pages disappear before my very eyes while I was rubbernecking from afar...
                                lol. Next we'll start Gaslighting you - "balletmom and Pooka fight? What are you talking about?"

Comment

Working...
                                X