Iching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iching

I have been reading a lot about people who are noticing iching from the steri strips and for all you people, you should know this! I have never been allergic to anything but weather related things in my life until after my surgery. I had all the iching that you all say from the steri strips and about 2 months after that i started noticing that any type of adhesive bothers me now. its an induced allergy to adhesives. so now i can't wear band aids or anything of that like. also, 6 months after my surgery i had a violent reaction to penicillin that i had never had before. apparently the surgery has thrown my body off and i am still on my jpurney of finding out what i am now allergic to. so to all of you having this problem be very careful, and if you see any signs of bumps, rashes, iches...go to the dr immediately; allergic reactions are very dangerous!!

SandraDee,

I too have never had a allergic reaction to anything. After this last surgery i did have a reaction to the adheasive on the steri-strips. It was so bad and worst then the pain from the surgery. It is weird how you can just become allergic to something so quick. I talked to a friend of mine and she says she is also allergic to adheasive and she has to only use paper tape now.
    Luckly my reaction only consisted of itching severly nothing else. I am better now but still get some flare ups as i am trying to recover.
    Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
    2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
    March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
    August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
    August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

SandraD,
      I also developed an allergy to adhesives after surgery. Any kind of tape now makes me develope blisters....awful
      SandyC

Comment

For me, it wasn't the adhesive, it was a combination of the healing process and dry skin. Because I had steri-strips on, I didn't apply lotion everywhere like I usually do. If I scratched around the strips, I could get some relief.
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
        X