Anyone save their hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone save their hardware?

I know some of you have had it removed. Question is what have you done with it? I have 8 screws from one fusion and 6 from another. I am a motorcycle nut (can't ride for a long time) but I use some of the screws for zipper pulls on my leather jacket. I have one on a chain that I ware around my neck .
    What are some of the sick-o things you have done?
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...light=earrings
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I had hardware removed twice and I forgot to ask them again, after asking everything else on the list right before dozing off from the anesthesia I don't know why they just didn't think of giving it to me and I'm sure they threw it..

Backtalk, any pics?
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

I saved my rods from when they were removed. I had more put back, longer ones and more screws. I will try to put a picture of them on here. Not to good at this kind of thing but will try. I have not thought of anything to do with mine. They are still in the sealed bag that the Dr. put them in. Not able to attach to big. Sorry. Mattie

Comment

If I ever do get anything removed, I'm asking for as much of it as they'll let me have. I already see jewelry pieces in my mind. I make jewelry for a living and would love to have a custom piece or pieces.
          36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
          Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
          Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
          Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
          Curve post op = 20 degrees
          No pain anymore!!
          Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Originally posted by mattie
            I saved my rods from when they were removed. I had more put back, longer ones and more screws. I will try to put a picture of them on here. Not to good at this kind of thing but will try. I have not thought of anything to do with mine. They are still in the sealed bag that the Dr. put them in. Not able to attach to big. Sorry. Mattie
            Mattie, you can go to here; http://www.resize2mail.com/ and resize any picture or just go to imageshack.us and upload it. It gives you choice of sizes and then once it's uploaded, it gives you html or BB codes to post it places.

36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
            Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
            Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
            Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
            Curve post op = 20 degrees
            No pain anymore!!
            Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Originally posted by mattie
              Mattie, send me the pictures to mu email addi and I will post them for you. jlazyh1@earthlink.net
              March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
              15 1/2 Hours
              Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

I my spinal fusion op with Harrington Rod back in July 1981 had to have it replaced in November '81 the replacement Rod was removed in Feb '82 the doc gave me the Harrington rod for a souvenir.

Comment

I have added the picture of my rods and screws on the Manage attacments.
                  I can not figure out how to do it any other way. If it can not be found or no one can see it please let me know and i will try it another way. Mattie

Comment

Mattie - I was able to view the "collection" just fine. Looks COOL! Braydon has a collection of hardware. Each time they lengthen his VEPTR rods, they give him the old pieces to take home. He has four or five expansion sleeves and multiple locking clips. I know how much we (the insurance company) paid for them... hmm... maybe if I were deperate I could sell them! LOL They are 100% titanium, so does that mean anything?
                    Carmell
                    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Thanks for posting it Mattie, that's cool.

I wish I had a Titanium rod in my hands and try to break it, just to see how easily it breaks. I now it happens when there is back and forth bending movement and there is not enough fusion at that place, but it would be interesting to test it.
                      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
                      X