September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa...

Your husband just lost his job a few months ago. Didn't he have insurance with them?

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      Melissa...

Your husband just lost his job a few months ago. Didn't he have insurance with them?

--Linda
      No they had terrible insurance .For the same amount of money, we kept his insurance from his NC job which is ending next month
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Well,Dr Hata , is the first pain Doctor that I saw . I hated him and swore that I was not ever going to see him again. He is the doctor that gave me the neck diagnostic test which showed that surgery would really help me. He is now getting up in my book. He called me today to see how I felt. He really is a caring doctor
        Melissa

Comment

• <smiley face> Glad you gave him a second chance. Amazing how sometimes our first impressions can be wrong!

Good luck Wednesday, Melissa!
          Last edited by JenniferG; 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM.
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I will be having surgery on September 28. This is wonderful because I did not think that Dr Bederman would do it. This surgery should help relieve my neck pain.
            It is about 7 hours long. and I will be in the hospital about 7 days and then onto rehab

Yea !!!
            Melissa

Comment

• Melissa--
              That is good news for you. I know more surgery isn't anything we want but if it will help you, that's great. Best of luck. Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Yaaay! I'm so relieved Dr. Bederman came through for you again! What a man! This is so important for you. Good luck, Melissa.

Comment

• Melissa,
                  September 28th will be here before you know it. I really hope this surgery will take care of most of your pain.
                  Sally
                  Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                  Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                  Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                  Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                  New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                  Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your good wishes
                    Melissa

Comment

• Awesome! I knew that things would work out for you! Best of luck with your surgery. Sending good thoughts your way. Susan
                      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• I am very excited about this surgery. It should make my average pain level in my neck go down to a 5/6. It will make looking at things alot easier .I will be in the hospital 7 nights and then on to rehab. Thanks everyone for the encouragement
                        Melissa

Comment

• I am in such a bad mood. I am in so much pain. I have a swollen area in my abdomen that I had to have a CT scan today. I had 2 spots removed from my arms that the doctor thinks might be skin cancer. My hips are in so much pain and I do not know when I will be able to have them replaced. My back hurts so much today and I do not know why. My husband is being a jerk as he said he is tired of hearing about all my aches and pains .I had to have all of my surgeries but I just feel so limited in life, not being able to do anything. I am 53 years old and I walk with a cane and have a handicapped parking sticker. I really just feel that I have no place in life ; nothing to contribute. When I think about what I could do 5, 10 years ago, and look at me now, it is like it is 2 different people.
                          Melissa

Comment

• I wish I knew what to say to ease your stress and pain. You've had more than your fair share of both. But looking back doesn't help, I believe, looking forward to better times might be better. Easy for me to say, I know. Your next surgery isn't far off and will hopefully, relieve a lot of your pain, so there's a good chance things will be improving soon. Don't give up hope. Hang in there, Melissa!

Let us know how you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                              I wish I knew what to say to ease your stress and pain. You've had more than your fair share of both. But looking back doesn't help, I believe, looking forward to better times might be better. Easy for me to say, I know. Your next surgery isn't far off and will hopefully, relieve a lot of your pain, so there's a good chance things will be improving soon. Don't give up hope. Hang in there, Melissa!

Let us know how you go.
                              Thanks Jennifer. I will start taking a prescription sleeping pill tomorrow as I need sleep and the pain will not let me. My abdominal pain is getting worse.
                              Thanks for listening
                              Melissa

Comment

• I'm glad you've got some sleeping pills, Melissa. Hope you get a good sleep and feel less pain tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X