Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
    Melissa,
    Given your situation, could you call Thursday morning and request that they send it digitally? If they cant do that, can you overnight it and request that the doctor reads it Friday? I really feel for you having the stress of this with your own surgery pending. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results!!

Evelyn
    I will call them and ask them to send it digitally. They should be able to do that
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• I just do not know what to do regarding my Monday surgery. I wish I knew what the MRI showed
      Melissa

Comment

• Melissa, you need this surgery. You've waited ages. You can't change what's in the MRI. My advice would be have the surgery, don't put it off. Get this one thing out of the way, which you owe to yourself. Have one less thing hanging over you. You will still deal with whatever's in that MRI, after your surgery. Good luck!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
          Melissa, you need this surgery. You've waited ages. You can't change what's in the MRI. My advice would be have the surgery, don't put it off. Get this one thing out of the way, which you owe to yourself. Have one less thing hanging over you. You will still deal with whatever's in that MRI, after your surgery. Good luck!

I know that I need this surgery but what happens if , God forbid, the MRI shows a brain tumor. My son is not doing well with the waiting and neither am I.
          Melissa

Comment

• Did they send your records today, and will you get a response tomorrow?
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• This is the latest update on my life.

First , I am having the surgery on Monday. The plan is for me to spend one night in the hospital and then go to rehab. If , God forbid, the news from the MRI is bad then I will go home on Monday

Second, The PO did , in fact, deliver the to the hospital the MRI on Tuesday. The name that was on the receipt is not anyone who works there , however.

So I went to get another copy of the MRI.

My husband is hand delivering the MRI to the doctor's office tomorrow morning. However, the doctor does not work any day until Monday.

So , I guess, I will not find out anything until Monday

Thanks everyone for your concern
              Melissa

Comment

• I sincerely hope the MRI results are good news Melissa. That would solve your immediate problem and allow you to put your energy into yourself for the surgery. A long weekend's wait ahead, I feel for you and your family. Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck for both the MRI results and your surgery.

Comment

• hi Melissa
                  i think you are making the best out of a tough
                  situation...
                  i hope everything works out for your son and nothing
                  shows on the MRI that should not be there...
                  the waiting can be the worst....
                  i hope you can somehow stay distracted this
                  wkend, or at least busy, to try to keep your
                  mind off worrying...

you are in my thoughts and prayers...
                  jess

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your good wishes, I really do not want to go into surgery with the question of what is on the MRI hanging over my head . I do not see any other choice at this point.I really want to get started on feeling better. On another note, UCI has just started a clinic just for people who need replacement surgery. I received a call yesterday about it and have a appt July 19.Yea!!!

Thanks all for your prayers and good wishes.
                    Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,
                      No news is good news. A radiologist would have already read the MRI and if there was bad news, a phone call would have been made to your son's Doc, I am sure. Take care of yourself and try not to worry. Remember who is in control of your life. I pray that your surgery is successful.
                      Sally
                      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
                        Melissa,
                        No news is good news. A radiologist would have already read the MRI and if there was bad news, a phone call would have been made to your son's Doc, I am sure. Take care of yourself and try not to worry. Remember who is in control of your life. I pray that your surgery is successful.
                        Sally
                        That is the hardest thing to do is to remember that God is in control. He will take all my worries from me if i just let him
                        Melissa

Comment

• Some good news. My son's doctor's office finally received the MRI that I sent Monday. Now to wait until Monday to speak with the doctor
                          Melissa

Comment

• Can you ring and find out the results before your surgery? What time is your surgery? Oh I hope everything lines up for you and you can go into this surgery without this worry. Take care.

Comment

• Latest update- The doctor called me and told me to call her office on Monday and ask for the earliest appt that she has available. I said that Monday I would having surgery and could we discuss it now? Her answer is that she does not discuss that kind of information over the phone. She told me that I had to pick my priority and stick with it. Needless to say , if we need to go forward , it will not be with this doctor.

Thanks again everyone for your support
                              Melissa

Comment

• Some doctors are not in touch with the real world. She could have saved you so much heartache but chose not to.

Comment

Working...
                                X