September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
    Good news that his curve is so small! I'm hoping that the MRI turns up nothing abnormal. It will be good to get rid of that stress! My thoughts are with your family.
    Thanks I am trying to get him into the car to go to the MRI. He is not doing well and is very upset.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Well, We got to the MRI finally. It took a while. He took 2 Valium which calmed him down. He did great . I am going on Monday to get the MRI and overnight it to the Doctor so she will get it Tuesday. I hope that we get a answer Thursday as Wednesday is a holiday
      Melissa

Comment

• Waiting is so hard. I certainly hope we can get some answers by Thursday. If there is something, I will have to postpone my surgery
        Melissa

Comment

• I overnighted the MRI today. She will have it by noon tomorrow. I so hope we get news by Thursday
          Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
            Thanks I am trying to get him into the car to go to the MRI. He is not doing well and is very upset.
            He must be claustrophobic. MRI's are painless procedures, as you know. I'm glad the test went okay for him once they got him calmed down with the valium. I know waiting is hard. Please let us know as soon as you find out. Do you know what they are looking for?
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
              He must be claustrophobic. MRI's are painless procedures, as you know. I'm glad the test went okay for him once they got him calmed down with the valium. I know waiting is hard. Please let us know as soon as you find out. Do you know what they are looking for?
              He has always had open MRI's so he had no idea of what to expect. The doctor is looking for a brain tumor or encephalitis.
              Melissa

Comment

• dear Melissa
                hopes and thoughts and prayers that all will be OK...

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                  He has always had open MRI's so he had no idea of what to expect. The doctor is looking for a brain tumor or encephalitis.
                  Is he having symptoms? I hope he's okay. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. My thoughts are with you all.
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• He has some general symptoms such as headaches and sleeplessness.

She ordered the MRI because his reflexes were very weird in her office.

We had just gone to see her so she could confirm , for his school, that he has a very strange sleep disorder.

Well, she checked him over much more than his NC sleep doctor ever did.

Back in 2007 he had gotten kicked by a horse in his right knee. The doctor took Xrays of both his knees and in left knee they found that he had a bone cyst in his femur bone. If he had not gotten kicked , this was something that we never would have found out about . It could have been a real big problem if he had ever been hit or kicked in that knee.

So , if God forbid, the MRI finds something it would be the same way. Go to the doctor for one problem and find another problem.

I am waiting until 1pm to call the doctor to make sure that she has received it.

Now we will have to wait until Thursday , at least, as tomorrow is a holiday

Thanks everyone for your good wishes
                    Melissa

Comment

• Fingers crossed there's nothing untoward there Melissa. What a difficult time for you. Take care.
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Well, this just keeps getting better and better. The Post Office has lost the MRI . So on Thursday , I have to call the hospital and get another copy of the MRI and then get it to them some how.

I am in so much pain with my hips now and I don't know what to do about my surgery Monday. I can live with my shoulder pain but the hips are getting really painful, I don't know whether or not to have surgery Monday at all now that we will not know what the MRI showed until Monday

With everything else going on in my life, I just don't know how to keep going on
                        Melissa

Comment

• Melissa, i am so sorry for all the stress and problems
                          you keep getting thrown at you...
                          is it wiser to postpone surgery...can you get it
                          rescheduled for 2 weeks or 3 weeks from now, if
                          your son comes out OK and doesnt need extra
                          attention....? would that be the safer thing to do?
                          i hope it all works out OK...
                          i am so sorry you are in pain...

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                            Melissa, i am so sorry for all the stress and problems
                            you keep getting thrown at you...
                            is it wiser to postpone surgery...can you get it
                            rescheduled for 2 weeks or 3 weeks from now, if
                            your son comes out OK and doesnt need extra
                            attention....? would that be the safer thing to do?
                            i hope it all works out OK...
                            i am so sorry you are in pain...

jess
                            I am actually thinking of doing my hip first .The pain is getting so bad
                            Melissa

Comment

• Melissa--
                              I'm so sorry about your pain and the MRI mix-up and then waiting for news of your son can be very scary. It all must just weigh so heavily on you and certainly adds to your physical pain. I'm not sure I can give you any advice at all. Maybe deep breathing just to help settle yourself. I know that sounds so lame. You know we all care and my prayers continue for you and your family. Janet
                              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Melissa,
                                Given your situation, could you call Thursday morning and request that they send it digitally? If they cant do that, can you overnight it and request that the doctor reads it Friday? I really feel for you having the stress of this with your own surgery pending. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results!!

Evelyn
                                age 48
                                80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                                Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                                Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                                Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                                Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X