September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

It was a good appt with Dr Bederman. There is some possibility of pain relief down the road. It may involve surgery. I will post more after I talk with Dr Bederman as I am slightly confused about the appt.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Melissa,

Good to hear the appt went well....

More surgery on the spine?

Now, with the house, would you wait? Can you wait?

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Well, first of all my daughter miscarried again. This is the second time she did so.She was only 8 weeks pregnant. They are going to the doctor next week to start finding out why.

Regarding my leg pain, I have a bone spur on my right hip. Dr Bederman is sending me to have a injection. If this helps, then he will send me to two different hip doctors. The first hip doctor will see if he can remove the bone spur.The second hip doctor will determine if I need a hip replacement. My left leg pain is no where as bad as my right leg pain so I feel comfortable with this plan. If I can walk without my right hip pain, I will be very happy

Regarding my neck pain, Dr Bederman feels that because I am fused to C2 and have very little space in which to move my head back,that is why I have neck pain when I look straight. He wants me to try negative heel shoes. If they work, then he will discuss additional back surgery. He can do an Osteotomy either at my neck or in the middle of my back. He really does not want me to have more surgery yet. However, as I told him, I will be changing my health care insurance in October and it will not be as good as the one I have now. I cannot wear the negative heel shoes forever as I am really supposed to be wearing diabetic shoes. Finally, when I sit the negative heel shoes would not help me at all

In terms of the house, it is going to be at least another 2-3 months before we could even begin the process of building. So I have to take care of my health.

So that is my story for the moment

Melissa
        Last edited by mabeckoff; 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM.
        Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,
          You have had six surgeries in the past two years, which of course you are well aware of. I am just worried that you are not giving your body time to heal before jumping into the next surgery. Of course you are still in pain! Anyone who had had that much trauma to their bodies would be in pain for a long time, I would think. I think you should take Dr Bederman's advice and avoid surgery for as long as you possibly can. You may find that your body begins to heal on it's own, and your pain may gradually start to lessen. I will keep you in my prayers.

Evelyn
          age 48
          80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
          Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
          Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
          Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• It's amazing how much surgery your body has withstood in such a short time. Whatever you and Dr. Bederman decide to do, I hope it goes smoothly and gives you the best possible outcome. I'm one of many looking forward to reading that you're doing well and things are on the improve. In the meantime, take good care and keep us up with your news. We're all barracking for you!
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I am having my right shoulder done July 9th. I have several injections scheduled. Dr Bederman is having me see two hip doctors before he will consider doing more surgery.
              Melissa

Comment

• Sooo much surgery. When it rains it pours with you, girl! Just take one thing at a time. If you aren't feeling ALL better from one procedure, I would NOT go on to the next until you are. Take care of yourself. All of this could be a contributing factor to your depression.

Hugs,
                Rohrer01
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

• I have to get my right shoulder now as the pain is getting worse and the surgeon says if I wait too long it will be harder to fix.

On another note, I am not going to be a grandma at this time. But my daughter has said that she is considering coming out to CA to go on vacation in June with us without him. Please pray that it happens

Thanks
                  Melissa

Comment

• House Update

We met with a local builder today at our property. He feels that he can build us the house that we want well within the money that we are going to get from the insurance company, leaving us a lot of room for extras. So I will get the house that I want but with a longer wait time than we had wanted
                    Melissa

Comment

• Sounds like two steps in the right direction happened today Melissa! It all helps!

Sorry to hear your shoulder is so sore. I do hope this surgery corrects it once and for all. Are you sleeping ok these days?
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I have a wonderful new bed with a massage feature .I sleep great.However, I still nap. Guess I need it
                        Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                          I have a wonderful new bed with a massage feature .I sleep great.However, I still nap. Guess I need it
                          I have one of those, too. I LOVE it!

I hope your daughter comes to visit you. It will do you BOTH a world of good!

Take care and good night,
                          Rohrer01
                          Be happy!
                          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

• Well, my daughter cannot be bothered to come to CA on vacation with us. I am getting a trigger point injection in my neck to try to subdue some of my pain. So I am up to four injections. One to try to help me with my bone spur in my right hip, the trigger point injection for my neck, an SI joint injection and my left shoulder. I am having my shoulder done July 9th and we will go from there.

Thanks for listening
                            Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                              Well, my daughter cannot be bothered to come to CA on vacation with us. I am getting a trigger point injection in my neck to try to subdue some of my pain. So I am up to four injections. One to try to help me with my bone spur in my right hip, the trigger point injection for my neck, an SI joint injection and my left shoulder. I am having my shoulder done July 9th and we will go from there.

Thanks for listening
                              Hi Melissa...

Sorry about your daughter. She's a real rollercoaster ride. :-(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you regarding the trigger point injection. I hope someone is keeping track of all the steroids getting injected. Unfortunately, there are definitely consequences for steroid use.

Regards,
                              Linda
                              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Melissa--
                                Same sentiments as Linda with your daughter. That can be so exasperating. I certainly hope the injections will do their thing for you! Janet
                                Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                                Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                                Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                                Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                                T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                                X