No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda, not that I'd wish this thing on a single soul, but you've got no idea how happy I am to hear it happened to someone else! I've never heard of anything like it before, I thought I was alone. Thanks for telling me that! I am in year 12 of hot flashes but I'm glad to say they are less intense than they were. The other symptoms I mentioned are all but gone, I'd say more than 95% gone, but I still feel "tripped up" some days.

I never had a hormonal symptom in my life so knew nothing about menopause, fully expecting to go through it without any problem. Yair right!!!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• if anyone here has read Suzanne Somers' frst book on menopause and bio identical hormones...i went
      thru exactly what she described....
      i have been on bio identical hormnes for some years now...
      menopause was HELL for me (starting at age 45)...
      i had a GP, woman, liked her a lot, a good doctor...
      she said not every woman goes thru hell...but she also said she shouldn't talk, as she hadn't
      gone thru it yet....i miss her....(she left medicine because she has 2 young kids at home)
      my point is there is an answer if one is interested in investigating it...
      IN CASE that is what is going on, Melissa...maybe it is, may be it isn't....
      and not every woman who goes thru menopause goes thru all kinds of awful stuff...
      but for those who do, there is help out there...

i am not a doctor, so i don't know...but it sounds like time to talk to your GP....
      blood work can confirm menopause or no menopause....
      you may at least want to describe the symptoms to your doctor..

jess

Comment

• Thank you all for your suggestions about menopause .I have already been though it and finished it in April 2007. Can hormones still cause problems afterward?
        I plan to talk with my GP about it
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• strange...a blood test might tell you more of what is going on....
          i hope it is not a reaction to all you've been thru in the past couple of years...
          i think turning it over to the doctor is best idea...

jess

Comment

• Walking poles

Coleman makes great walking poles, my hubby has hiked w them for at least 14 years - think he got them at KMart, & actually have noticed pole walking classes for the past year+ throughout our area parks. Gives you stability & allows people w back & other problems to do more, whatever the terrain may be. They're adjustable (but gotta say I love Titaniumed's drinking pole idea ). Don't know if this holds true for you, but always seems that the muscles scream the day after working them out, but loosely moving them by walking, etc helps ease it. Would love to see Joshua Tree - but am addicted to Pac NW & its amazing hikes/scenery! Still keeping you in good thoughts & prayers, Melissa!
            Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
            Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
            Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
            Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
            photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

• I am having a neck XRay as I am in so much pain and my neck is making crackling noises. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and good wishes
              Melissa

Comment

• I thought your neck was fused? I would think it shouldn't be making ANY noises, since you aren't supposed to be able to move it. Hmmm...
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

• Never mind. I see only 4 5 & 6 are fused. I hope everything is okay.
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                    Never mind. I see only 4 5 & 6 are fused. I hope everything is okay.
                    That was the first surgery back in NC in January 2011.

Now I am fused to C2

When I move my neck , in the limited motion that I have,It has been crackling noises as I am in pain

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

• i hope the pain goes away, Melissa...
                      and i hope they dont find anything significant on the radiology...
                      when you speak to the doc about the results, will you discuss those other symptoms
                      that have been bothering you lately....???

any chance the weather is affecting you?
                      i know we have rain coming here in the next couple of days...and i can feel it...
                      i know CA generally has beautiful weather....just wondering...

hope you feel better soon...
                      jess

Comment

• Melissa,
                        Not to be alarmist here, but you gotta get the memory stuff checked right away. It could be as simple as hormones or stress (I tend to mix up a lot when I am really stressed), but it could be something more serious as Linda says. And it may be treatable. I would call first thing! Take care of yourself; we are
                        all praying for the best for you!

Evelyn
                        age 48
                        80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                        Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                        Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                        Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                        Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• My GP thinks that it is from my fibromyalgia. Today I feel somewhat better. Still in pain, but not so out of it
                          Melissa

Comment

• I have been Dx with "myalgia". I know on really bad pain days, I am totally out of it mentally. When I get my migraines, I can't think straight AT ALL. I stupidly forgot to tell my NP that I had slurred speach and lack of memory and concentration during my last migraine attack last week. It's something I should have told her, so I think I will call tomorrow or go in and talk to her nurse since I'm going to be in for PT anyway. I totally can relate on that level, Melissa. I'm not by any means minimizing your memory issues, but I'm wondering if it comes with the territory. Please have someone check that out, though, as it could be something more serious. I'm a little worried that what happened to me could have been more serious. My mom wanted to take me to the ER and I wouldn't let her, which was probably the most stupid decision I made that day. It did get better, but what if it was a TIA or something like that?

I'm glad your neck is better. The popping and grinding noises are a bit concerning. So if you are fused to C2, then you basically can only nod your head a bit or turn it from side to side? I'm getting the Atlas and the Axis confused. I don't remember which one is on top. So goes my knowledge of anatomy, huh?
                            Be happy!
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

• I am so upset that I cannot do anything but cry. We just found out from the insurance company guy that if we want a check ,the check is for the value of the house as if it was still standing. We would get a check for $142,000 which covers our mortgage so we are basically screwed. We only get the higher amount check if we rebuilt. So I am having to build another house, making it the third house I have built which I did not want to do. Also, this means I am stuck here in this rental without being able to have any flowers or landscaping this summer. Also, no eating outside because we do not have any covering and it is so hot. The builder says November which means having the holidays here with out my things again. I do not believe the builder because I have never heard of anyone's home being built in the time frame the builder gave them. I am just so upset .Please pray for me
                              Melissa

Comment

• So if you are fused to C2, then you basically can only nod your head a bit or turn it from side to side?

I can do both. I can turn from side to side slightly, which I am working because of driving.

I can also move my head slightly up and down

Thanks for asking
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X