September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSKOCH5 View Post
    Congrats Melissa!! All I can do is second the prior few comments - one thing at a time. Were you able to do those stretches - did they help at all?
    Yes thanks the stretches are helping.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Thanks everyone for making me feel better about postponing my shoulder surgery. You are correct that this way I will have the house in order and my son to help me.
      Melissa

Comment

• I "fifth" it! I am hoping you will also get some pain reduction as you get farther from you last surgery (and before the next one).

Evelyn
        age 48
        80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
        Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
        Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
        Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
        Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• I need some pain relief . Today has not been a good day. I am in so much pain
          Melissa

Comment

• so sorry you are in pain, Melissa
            will your insurance company let you try a different pain management doctor...?

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
              so sorry you are in pain, Melissa
              will your insurance company let you try a different pain management doctor...?

jess
              Yes they will. I just need to find one
              Melissa

Comment

• Well, Thanks to Dr Bederman, I have an appt on March 21st with another pain doctor. I hope that he is the one
                Melissa

Comment

• Well, we are finally CA homeowners.This entire experience has been so unpleasant.This is our 4th home that we have purchased and it was the worst time. The stress has been horrible.
                  Melissa

Comment

• Congratulations, Melissa! Hopefully, the stress will dissipate as you move in, and you can start to enjoy settling in.

Best,
                    Evelyn
                    age 48
                    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• Have you moved in? I hope so. Buying a new house is incredibly stressful, but now I'm hoping a lot of that stress will dissipate and you can get on with your badly disrupted healing! You've had such a rotten time, things must get better now!
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Thanks for the good wishes. The construction is scheduled to start On Wednesday and hopefully be done in 2 weeks as we have to leave the rental by the end of the month.
                        Melissa

Comment

• Bad bad news!!!

My new home that we owned for all of 12 hours is gone. It has burnt down. There is nothing left.
                          Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                            My new home that we owned for all of 12 hours is gone. It has burnt down. There is nothing left.
                            OMG. If your life was a move, no one would believe it. I am so sorry this has happened. At least you can taken solace in the fact that you hadn't moved in yet. Please tell me it was covered by insurance!

--Linda
                            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Melissa-- I am so sorry to hear this. Absolutely unbelievably bad news. So, so sorry. Am praying for you.
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• i am so very sorry....sorry doesn't cover it...
                                it is almost unbelievable...shocking!
                                i, too, hope there was insurance in place...

jess

Comment

Working...
                                X