X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
    going home Friday even though i do not feel up to it

horrible night with pain not being controlled
    That gives you a couple of days more to recover. Are they going to send you home if you still can't move your hand? I would insist on some tests just to rule out any other problem. That will give you peace of mind if they don't find anything that feeling and usage of your hand will eventually return. I hope they get your pain under control. So sorry to hear that you had a bad night. Gentle (((hugs)))
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
      Sorry to hear that Melissa. There are another couple of days before you go home, which could turn things around for you. Do you know why the pain was uncontrolled - what happened that's different? Were they late giving you the meds? How's your arm? I hope you can get some sleep and hopefully wake up feeling more at ease and with your pain back under control. Thinking of you.
      I am thinking that a combination of things occurred, first I am exercising for the first time in 3 years, my fibromalygia[sp] flaring up, my body just saying that enough is enough. Today a very gentle OT worked with me and I am feeling better
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Melissa

Nice to see some improvement. The OT’s are great.....Maybe you can get this person lined up or another therapist to come to your home. I had many people coming to my house after I went home, all on my insurance. Ask Dr B.

You have been through the ringer! Things can only get better.
        Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          Melissa

Nice to see some improvement. The OT’s are great.....Maybe you can get this person lined up or another therapist to come to your home. I had many people coming to my house after I went home, all on my insurance. Ask Dr B.

You have been through the ringer! Things can only get better.
          Ed

I have been contacted by the local visiting nurse association. The nurse will come Saturday and the OT/PT start Monday

Thanks for the good words. I know that I would not have gotten thru this ordeal with out this forum
          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,

I'm so happy to hear about your improvements and that you will have extra help after you go home.

Warmly,
            Doreen
            44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
            Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
            2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• You're in my thoughts Melissa. Keep your chin up, things will improve, slowly.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your good wishes
                Melissa

Comment

• Glad to hear you've had some improvements today and that you're going to get some help once home. Make the most of your last day in Rehab and I hope everything goes smoothly once you're home.
                  Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                  Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                  T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                  Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                  Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I had a much better night last night.Pain was much better controlled. I actually have 2 days left. I asked them for therapy tomorrow and they agreed

Thanks for asking'
                    Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                      That gives you a couple of days more to recover. Are they going to send you home if you still can't move your hand? I would insist on some tests just to rule out any other problem. That will give you peace of mind if they don't find anything that feeling and usage of your hand will eventually return. I hope they get your pain under control. So sorry to hear that you had a bad night. Gentle (((hugs)))
                      yes they will be sending me home tomorrow regardless of how my hand is. They feel that I can have the therapy at home. They being BCBS.Now, the feeling is
                      that my shoulder is rotator cuff injuries. I will do the shoulder therapy from now until the end of the year and then we will see the condition of my shoulder

Thanks for asking
                      Melissa

Comment

yes they will be sending me home tomorrow regardless of how my hand is. They feel that I can have the therapy at home. They being BCBS.Now, the feeling is
                        that my shoulder is rotator cuff injuries. I will do the shoulder therapy from now until the end of the year and then we will see the condition of my shoulder

Thanks for asking
                        Isn't it just aweful how insurance companies dictate OUR healthcare. I wonder how many spine surgeons specializing in scoliosis are employed by BCBS. I'd guess NONE! It makes you wonder how they can sleep at night, knowing that they deny people's treatment or cut it short. Oh, I know, they are all pointing the finger at someone else so that takes the blame off of each one individually. What a racket. I hate insurance companies, but unfortunately we have to deal with them. I went to see someone for my chronic daily headaches last week and the NP that saw me asked what insurance I had. Then she said, oh you are required to try these two drugs before we can do anything else. Grrrr. I hope you are at least feeling better. Are they still insisting that you have an irritated nerve? Are they going to do any testing? Can you move it at all? Sorry for the questions, I just feel bad for you. Take care, we're all thinking about you.
                        Be happy!
                        but we are alive today!

Comment

Isn't it just aweful how insurance companies dictate OUR healthcare. I wonder how many spine surgeons specializing in scoliosis are employed by BCBS. I'd guess NONE! It makes you wonder how they can sleep at night, knowing that they deny people's treatment or cut it short. Oh, I know, they are all pointing the finger at someone else so that takes the blame off of each one individually. What a racket. I hate insurance companies, but unfortunately we have to deal with them. I went to see someone for my chronic daily headaches last week and the NP that saw me asked what insurance I had. Then she said, oh you are required to try these two drugs before we can do anything else. Grrrr. I hope you are at least feeling better. Are they still insisting that you have an irritated nerve? Are they going to do any testing? Can you move it at all? Sorry for the questions, I just feel bad for you. Take care, we're all thinking about you.
                          Don't worry about the questions. Now Dr Bederman feels that I have a torn rotator cuff on my right side. I am going to therapy from now until the end of the year
                          and then , if I am still having pain and weakness issues, I will have a MRI and then we will see what we will see

Thanks for thinking of me.It feels good
                          Melissa

Comment

Don't worry about the questions. Now Dr Bederman feels that I have a torn rotator cuff on my right side. I am going to therapy from now until the end of the year
                            and then , if I am still having pain and weakness issues, I will have a MRI and then we will see what we will see

Thanks for thinking of me.It feels good
                            Mrs. nosey here again. LOL How did you tear it? I mean was it hurting before surgery, or did your arm get caught on something during surgery or transfer? Whatever the case, I hope it's better by the end of the year. Let's just hope you can get the rest you need at home. Look at it this way, you won't have nurses coming in waking you up every couple of hours. Whenever I was in the hospital, I don't care how "quiet" they thought they were being, they always woke me up.
                            Be happy!
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

Mrs. nosey here again. LOL How did you tear it? I mean was it hurting before surgery, or did your arm get caught on something during surgery or transfer? Whatever the case, I hope it's better by the end of the year. Let's just hope you can get the rest you need at home. Look at it this way, you won't have nurses coming in waking you up every couple of hours. Whenever I was in the hospital, I don't care how "quiet" they thought they were being, they always woke me up.
                              My arm has been bothering me for a while. So here in rehab, unless you call the nurse during the night, they do not bother the patient at all
                              Melissa

Comment

• I actually just heard one of our surgeons today say that most "older" adults have torn rotator cuffs, but that most are non-symptomatic. Who knew!
                                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                                X