No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway that your friend can send a statement or appear via Skype?

Sending good vibes your way!

Hugs, Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow. hope all goes well. A new baby girl on the way!!! how wonderful. My oldest grand child is a girl---and it is wonderful.
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
      Osteotomy

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
        Is there anyway that your friend can send a statement or appear via Skype?

Sending good vibes your way!

Hugs, Susan
        I like Susan's suggestion. How committed to helping, is your friend? When is this all taking place? (After you've had a chance to recover, I hope.)

Sending you very best wishes for successful surgeries and a smooth recovery. This is the most important thing right now. I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much. It really isn't fair. But, I believe it will work out. Relax and look forward to much less pain in the near future. That's a likelihood that's really worth getting excited about! I'll be thinking of you tonight, our time.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• My friend is very committed to me. She loved my Dad as if he was her Dad. She is calling my lawyer tomorrow to work out something.

I am looking so much to being without pain but I have so many other problems that need surgery that I fear that I will never get any relief.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes

Melissa
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear that about your friend, Melissa. I do hope something can be worked out. I would love to see this legal stuff finalised and off your plate. You have so much else. I completely understand about all the surgeries coming up. Soon, there will be two of them over with. One step at a time, which is all you can do really. But less pain will cheer you up immensely and give you more hope for the future surgeries. Most of us can't imagine how difficult it must be for you but we're all behind you in spirit.

Comment

• Hope your recovery's progressing smoothly for you Melissa.

Comment

• Melissa, how are you doing? I think about you often and send good vibes your way!
                Take care of yourself. If you can, do some slow breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth and say some mantra positive affirmation like, "I am getting better" or "I can do this".

You are obviously a very strong women and getting your various surgeries and getting the legal stuff behind you will make you stronger. I am so sorry again that you have to go through the legal mess. I do not understand people that are mean and greedy. Keep reminding yourself that you are a good person and that you did the right thing. That is all that matters.

Gentle and reassuring hugs to you, Susan
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Melissa...
                  keeping thoughts and prayers that your surgeries go well, and that they accomplish what the surgeons expect.
                  i hope that everything goes smoothly, and that your recovery is uneventful...

jess

Comment

• I am home now. This surgery was very hard for me. I am in alot of pain

Melissa
                    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• OOh Melissa. What a lot of pain you've endured. I hope this surgery pain passes quickly for you. Thinking of you. You've just taken a big step forward, keep in mind that light at the end of the tunnel. It's getting closer. I hope you are being well cared for.

Comment

• Melissa,
                        I have been following your journey and, as difficult as the pain is right now, you are at least on the recovery side of surgery. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and hope your recovery progesses quickly.
                        Becky
                        51 years old
                        Married 28 years
                        3 kids ages 23, 21 and 17
                        Fused T-10 through L-5 June, 2008
                        Developed junctional kyphosis, flat-back and sagittal imbalance
                        Revision Surgery June 27, 2011
                        Fused T-4 thru S-1 with pelvic anchor screws
                        Take 2 revision October 15, 2013 to locate source of continued pain
                        Pseudoarthrosis at L-3, 2 screws removed

Comment

• Melissa--glad you are home and hope each day is better for you.
                          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                          Right scapulectomy 6/15
                          Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                          To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                          Broken neck 9/28/2018
                          Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                          Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                          Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                          Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                          Osteotomy

Comment

• so sorry that you are in such bad pain, Melissa
                            i hope they are medicating you in some way that helps a little...
                            i wonder if they were able to fix that rod that they said was broken,
                            and whether doing so caused more manipulation and is adding to the post
                            surgery pain...?

you are in thoughts and prayers for an end to the pain and better
                            days ahead.

jess

Comment

• Melissa,
                              You are the one person that I know of that has had so many big surgeries. You are at least aware of what pain comes with these surgeries. I hope it is short lived pain and you are able to get around better. Keep focusing on that new grandbaby on the way. Maybe having your daughter near and feeling her growing tummy with the little kicks will distract you from some of the pain. As Jess said, I hope they are giving you adequate pain control. My thoughts are with you and your family.

((((gentle hugs))))
                              Be happy!
                              We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                              but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                                I am home now. This surgery was very hard for me. I am in alot of pain

Melissa
                                Melissa, I am so sorry about the pain. I found it to be very painful also but was able to keep the pain under control for the most part. Mine was short lived pain though and by the end of two weeks, I was off of the oxycodone. I hope you can get the pain under control soon. I am six weeks post op now and am almost finished with my PT. I see my Doctor tomorrow and will find out how long I have to keep up the hip precautions. The only pain I have now is my back pain and nerve pain in my leg, so the hip is not causing me any extra pain. I hope the same for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
                                Sally
                                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                                X