No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Susie and everyone else who loves me. I really can use some love now.

The doctor visit went fine. She gave me scripts for all that I need. She will be setting up PT and Ot for home. She is setting up wound care for this cut on my belly. It was a nothing cut before surgery but after laying on it for 7 hours or so it became something. So a home health nurse will be coming out to the house to take care of it.

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• good...i am so glad you have a cooperative PCP...
      not all of them are like that...
      i hope you feel better every day...and that PT, etc, is helpful...

jess...and Sparky

Comment

• Isn't it funny how so many of us come here just to talk and vent? I think that sometimes even the most well intentioned and loving family members get tired of hearing our complaints. For me, it's not that I mean to complain. I am just a person that likes to talk everything out. That's how I deal with things in general. Having a disease that keeps me in constant pain is hard to ignore and hard not to talk about. This is where I come to do the lion's share of my talking and venting.

So talk and vent away, Melissa. We're listening and don't get tired of hearing each other. Er...well...unless it's a really annoying person, which you are NOT. =) In that case we have the option of just not reading posts from that person. Win, win situation.

I'm so glad you are getting the help you need! Isn't it awful how they tried to threaten you with withholding that care if you left the nursing home? They are desperate for $$$, but that's pretty low.
        Last edited by rohrer01; 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

• I must say good-bye to each and everyone of you at this time. My brother's lawyer searches the internet for anything that I post and any thing that I post that says I am having a good time he is using against me. So I must go at this time.

May God bless you

Melissa
          Melissa

Comment

• having a good time right after a big surgery....???
            what is wrong with our legal system...???
            that is disgusting...
            you mean you should be suffering 24/7 for the lawyer to be satisfied...?

so sorry to hear it, Melissa...
            wishing you healing and recovery...and pain free days to come.

jess...and Sparky

Comment

• Melissa,
              I understand if you can't reply to this, but I hope you at least read it. If your brother's lawyer is spying on you via the internet for posting anything saying you are having a good time, I would print off this entire thread and give it to YOUR lawyer to show overwhelmingly that you are suffering! I don't know what the lawsuit is about. I don't want to know. It saddens me, though, to hear that it is your brother!

We won't forget you. You can pm and e-mail to keep us updated if you like.

((((BIG HUGS)))) Big Fat Cyberhugs don't hurt! =)
              Be happy!
              but we are alive today!

Comment

• Oh Melissa. How low can some people go? I grieve for you that not once, have you had a peaceful run up to surgery or relax and be looked after and heal, after any of your surgeries. I know you have more to come. You're welcome to PM me anytime if you want to chat, if you don't still have my email address, I can give it to you. Thinking of you and wishing you well.
                Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• My lawyer told me to go ahead and continue posting so you are not rid of me yet

Have a good night

Melissa
                  Melissa

Comment

• Welcome back, friend. Our concern and prayers are still there with this situation and with your healing. Keep us posted! Hugs, Susie
                    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• That's great news, Melissa! Maybe your lawyer is thinking the same thing that I'm thinking. Your brother's lawyer will look like an idiot in court if he tries to pick and choose certain posts out of this thread to show you are having such a great time!
                      Be happy!
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

• Hi Melissa,

I'm happy to see you are on the other side! . Glad you were able to retain counsel too as I know the situation with your brother was bothering you. Refresh my memory, what level(s) did your doc revise? Is there relief from the preop pain?

Stay strong!
                        44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                        Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                        2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Doreen1 View Post
                          Hi Melissa,

I'm happy to see you are on the other side! . Glad you were able to retain counsel too as I know the situation with your brother was bothering you. Refresh my memory, what level(s) did your doc revise? Is there relief from the preop pain?

Stay strong!
                          Thanks Doreen

Dr Bederman did the osteotomy at T10.

I have teh same lawyer as I did before. The judge would not let him quit
                          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,
                            I'm so glad you are back. We would miss you and you know you would miss all of the support you have from this forum.
                            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                            Rib Hump-GONE!
                            Age-60 at the time of surgery
                            Now 66
                            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

• Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                              Melissa,
                              I'm so glad you are back. We would miss you and you know you would miss all of the support you have from this forum.
                              You are so right that I would miss the support that I get here.

Thanks for the support
                              Melissa

Comment

• I finally got a visiting nurse to come to the house. She checked out my incision . She said it looked great.I,also, have a wound on my belly. It was there before my surgery but laying on my front for 9 hours during my surgery made it worse. It was bleeding and it was infected. While I was in the hospital, I was put on antibiotics. So the nurse checked it out yesterday as well. She said it looked good. I cannot see it, except in the mirror. Where it is located , because of my neck being fused, I cannot see it. So it was a good appt. She is looking into getting me PT and OT at home.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X