Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brace how long did it take to ween yourself off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we keep something we hated so much??? I thought for sure it was going to end up in a bonfire. I saw myself in a feathered headdress dancing around it.

Megz- I felt like they named it the Turtle Shell, was because that what you feel like with it on. Every now and then I would walk around the house flinging my arms and chanting danger, danger Will Robinson, and everyone knew I was having a good day.

Mine is sitting on a table in the basement, and every once in a while I dust it off. And I still wonder who makes that velcro???

Shari

Comment

I don't know about your all's braces, but mine even had a cutout for the boobs!!! LOL!
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Shari - I'm laughing my head off, having got this image of you walking round in your brace saying "Danger danger..." I used to love that show
        Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
        Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
        Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
        Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

My brace had a cut out for boobs too LOL........
          Aug.17,09 Anterior
          Aug.20,09 Posterior
          Fused T-10 to Sacral Pelvis
          Cedars-Sinai
          Dr.Pashman

Sheri 47 years young
          Husband married 30 years
          3 kids 29,28,25
          4 grandkids 10,8,5,3

Comment

Damn, I should have pattened that "boob" hole. I had my husband at the time, trimming and cutting it until I was finally comfortable. and one trimming involved the "boob job" cut out.

When the brace guy saw it for the 1st time, I asked him how he liked my boob job, and he didn't even smile.

If anyone asks me if I'm a Turtle, I reply, you bet your sweet ass I am!!!

Shari

Comment

Shari--That guy had no sense of humor. I think the boob job is pretty funny! Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
              X