No announcement yet.

I got a cancellation!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know - I was actually a little hesitant to take this cancellation; not sure why. Because tonight my heat pad is my best friend! I went straight to bed when I got home from work for a few minutes, but my legs were tingling so bad and feeling asleep I had to get up after a few minutes and go to my chair. Terrible when we're so tired - but we can't go to sleep!
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Originally posted by RitaR View Post
      I know - I was actually a little hesitant to take this cancellation; not sure why.
      'Cause it's a big step, hon. There's a world of difference in your emotions from when you're considering surgery ... when you schedule ... and when it's around the corner.

I promise you, your emotions in the next few weeks (until surgery) will take the cake - and then it's MUCH smoother sailing from there.

You'll probably have wacky moments in recovery (we all do, pretty much), but you'll have seen your opponent's face by then ... and that really does make all the difference.

Hang in there!

Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Hi Rita,

I believe everything happens for a reason. Just think, now you don't have as long to be a nervous wreck. The longer I waited the worse it got for me.

You will do fine and keep us informed when you can,
        Shari

Comment

Working...
        X