Has anyone seen or discussed this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    My one kid who was fused in October was so not fussed that she just bought a dress for the winter dance at school that exposes 95% of the scar (T4-L1). She wasn't looking for a dress that would do that; She just happened to like this dress and didn't care about the scar exposure.

Since it is still red, she will put foundation on the scar to make it less noticeable though so as not to cause a commotion.
    Good on her Sharon, she has earned it.
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      dr anand told me that he thoroughly cleans out the discs when he goes in with the 3 small side incisions...then he places the "spacers" between the discs....instead of using "cages"....the rods, screws, BMP, etc, all go in a few days later with the longer incision in the back....

(snip, snip;-)

... i wanted to ask him if he thought such a procedure would work for my low lumbar problem...he said "absolutely!"....
      Jess,

Is Anand doing something different than XLIF? Just curious ... it sure sounds similar ...

Regards,
      Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

i think it is different..he held a seminar in nyc a month ago to teach it to doctors...dr lonner & dr boachie were there...so i think it is different from what has been used...

jess

Comment

Working...
        X