No announcement yet.

Upstate NY w/ kyphosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryy, Do you have any "out of network" coverage? Dr. Lonner is not in my network, but I get back about two thirds of the office visit.

Comment

yeah i have out of network. I have to pay all of the costs up front, and get 70 or 75% back. About how much is the fusion w/ rods total cost? i think i'm gonna try and stay in network though
      Age 25 male
      Upstate NY
      T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
      Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
      Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Hi all,

Does anyone here have/had schmorl's nodes? I just got a letter from my doc from the mri, saying i have mild to moderate schmorl's nodes. I know what they are, just wondering if anyone here has them too and are they anything significant? I'm seeing my doc on monday, gonna ask about it.
        Age 25 male
        Upstate NY
        T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
        Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
        Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Hi RYY,

I believe that I have one. They are common. Here is a link for you. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=14007

Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hey Ryy
            i have some kind of steroid or another all the time...no side effects from cortisone or other steroid injections......they dont help my lumbar very much...depends where they put it...cause my lumbar is really bad, with rotation, spinal stenosis, arthritis, degenerative discs, etc...sacroiliac injections worked the best...the botox works like MAGIC on my thoracic area...shuts down any possiblity of muscle spasms...cause it freezes muscles...

i have had really bad reflux over the years...took meds for it...that was all that helped me besides avoiding certain foods....had all kinds of tests for it besides endoscopy..had one where i swallowed a nuclear capsule! sum total was that i have bad reflux & hiatal hernia that is mild...i am very thin from not being able to eat due to many many pain meds...quit the oxycontin due to that..and that it made me really tired...still take hydrocodone, which also makes me tired...they all kill my appetite completely...wish someone had told me that when i was younger and dieting

i am sorry dr lonner doesnt take your insurance...i see him april 12th to discuss possibility of minimal invasive for my lumbar, per dr anand...if not, i will still be looking for a minimal invasive doctor....i love dr lonner...just dont think i want the traditional cutting procedures...we'll see....

good luck with your search...i hope you find the right guy...or girl...but i've yet to meet a female scoli surgeon??!!!

jess

Comment

Working...
            X