No announcement yet.

hey ladies and gents (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meg, keep up the encouraging posts. You sound almost perky ! Rita, I am so with you on that late in the day pain. My mornings are pretty good but from lunchtime on, things really go downhill. (I've got a 90 degree lumbar curve.) Evenings are rough-I just want to get off my feet which gives me some relief. Hopefully, this will all change in 2 days.

Anne in PA
    Age 58
    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
    T4 to sacrum fusion
    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

i've kinda got both ends of the day..i wake up really stiff & achey..then i take a few pills & loosen up a tiny bit..then the physical toll of the day hits around 5 p.m. or so...& i dont even work anymore!!...when i used to work, if i sat down at noon, it hit...cause up to then i would be running to help the kids...great distraction as well as great passion of mine...now i cant...
      i keep hoping that if i have the surgery, i could at least volunteer somewhere or something...cause it seems a shame to waste that last masters degree...out of 3 it was the one i liked the most! cost the most too!

good luck to you surgery guys...

Anne...Dr Lonner is so good...you couldnt be in better hands or with a more compassionate doctor...thoughts & prayers are going your way!

jess

Comment

Hello All,
        I'm not scheduled until July - can't hardly believe that! I am sooooooo miserable! I think my husband thinks I'm dying because he has to listen to me complain all the time and watch me sit while others are up doing things. My curve is 90-100 deg, I've lost a ton of lung capacity not sure how much, have a lot of muscle spasms and it hurts to sniff, talk, laugh, etc. Some nights I have a hard time falling asleep. I have even fallen asleep laying on my back just because I cannot move once I lay down. I can't walk any distance hardly at all, even walking around at work is just miserable by afternoon. I try not to think about the July date because I cannot even think about putting up with this until that long. Most of my pain is on the left side high up in the rib area (lung area?) where most of my curve lays. I have a lot of spasm in that area, but also hurt down low too where I already have 7 screws from a previous herniated disc surgery three years ago. The pain with sniffling, talking and laughing have me most concerned because I know that is inflicting on my lung capacity and I worry about puncturing a lung or something. I have a lot of numbness in my right foot too, sometimes the side of my large toe hurts so bad I can't stand the covers on it. Weird huh? I know this is probably more information than you wanted to know, but wanted to see if this sounds like what you went through since you too seemed to have had such a large curve. I am seeing Dr. Lenke in St. Louis and talk to them regularly only to be told they will call me if they have a cancellation. I am hopeful I have as good a result as you did, with that lower number of curve when I'm done.
        Rita Thompson
        Age 46
        Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
        Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
        Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
        Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
        X