Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19 Year Old Male. Scoliosis Progressing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    John

Its great news that you are all fixed up!

You know the ladies like a little scar on their men....gives us that rough look.

Ed
    It really is true! Why that is I'll never figure out. Also, a few wrinkles and a little grey hair on a man just seem to make him more rugged. Men have it so good. They get injured and age, and it's all good. But turn that around for a woman and it doesn't seem the same. We go through a lot to cover our age and not expose our scars! I tell you, it's just downright NOT FAIR!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• it's "the Cary Grant syndrome"....been going on since forever!

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
        John

Its great news that you are all fixed up!

You know the ladies like a little scar on their men....gives us that rough look. I’ve been looking pretty rough here the last few years. lol

I can hardly see my scars anymore.

Ed
        Lol @ the ladies comment. Most of the time, I'll have my shirt on, so if I met any ladies they wouldn't really see or know I had scars. A lot of people don't even know I had surgeries until I tell them. Thanks.

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        It really is true! Why that is I'll never figure out. Also, a few wrinkles and a little grey hair on a man just seem to make him more rugged. Men have it so good. They get injured and age, and it's all good. But turn that around for a woman and it doesn't seem the same. We go through a lot to cover our age and not expose our scars! I tell you, it's just downright NOT FAIR!
        Not fair you say? What about all the cosmetic things women can get to improve the way they look? Extensions, fake nails, push up bras, make up, fake eyelashes, etc. blah blah blah, guys don't have that. Girls wear high heels as well. If you're short, no biggie, just wear 5" heels and you're good to go. If a guy's short, too bad. Plus, I know plenty of women as they start getting grey hair, just dye it their natural color and it's no big deal. I don't think I've ever seen a guy dye his hair lol. You know what guys do to look good? Shave and shower. Lol.

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
        it's "the Cary Grant syndrome"....been going on since forever!

jess
        I had to google that...too young for that generation lol.
        Last edited by JDM555; 12-17-2011, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• "Cary Grant syndrome"...
          i thought a generational thing
          might happen...
          substitute the name of any older handsome man with "crinkles"
          (as opposed to "wrinkles" in women)...

men age and get "distinguished"
          women age and get "old"

jess

Comment

• John, Where have you been? Lots of older men color their hair and beard and what about the metrosexuals? More and more men are having cosmetic surgery than ever before. Men get facial, waxings, manicures and pedicures and lord knows what else. I prefer tall skinny natural men myself, possible with a scar or two. Haha!
            Sally
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• they have to keep the gray hair to have the Cary Grant syndrome...
              gray hair, crinkles, tall, handsome...

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
                John, Where have you been? Lots of older men color their hair and beard and what about the metrosexuals? More and more men are having cosmetic surgery than ever before. Men get facial, waxings, manicures and pedicures and lord knows what else. I prefer tall skinny natural men myself, possible with a scar or two. Haha!
                Sally
                I've been here. In NorCal all my life. I know most men I know don't do that. Very, very few men color there hair or have cosmetic surgery, at least the people I know. Facial, waxings, and manicures? Definitely not where I'm from. Lol. Even though a man were to get all those things, it wouldn't be as a dramatic of a change as make up is to women. I've seen plenty of women with and without, and that's the craziest thing, because it's insane how big of a difference it is.

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                they have to keep the gray hair to have the Cary Grant syndrome...
                gray hair, crinkles, tall, handsome...

jess
                Lol. I guess. A lot of women like grey hair, that is true.

Interesting conversation that we're having here. Haha

Comment

• Remember that John is on the young side. He has not really experienced life yet
                  Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    Remember that John is on the young side. He has not really experienced life yet
                    ....Uhh...wow?

Comment

• Originally posted by JDM555 View Post
                      ....Uhh...wow?
                      aren't you just 21 years old?
                      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Yes, but it seems like you're saying that just because I'm 21, it means my opinion isn't important. I don't know if it's a generation thing, but I've never met any men that do the stuff loves to skate said. Oh well. I don't know why we're talking about that anyways. How about we forget all this and talk about, hmm let's see...scoliosis? Lol

Comment

Not fair you say? What about all the cosmetic things women can get to improve the way they look? Extensions, fake nails, push up bras, make up, fake eyelashes, etc. blah blah blah, guys don't have that. Girls wear high heels as well. If you're short, no biggie, just wear 5" heels and you're good to go. If a guy's short, too bad. Plus, I know plenty of women as they start getting grey hair, just dye it their natural color and it's no big deal. I don't think I've ever seen a guy dye his hair lol. You know what guys do to look good? Shave and shower. Lol.
                          That's EXACTLY what I mean! You guys have it good. As a woman, I don't want to do all that work, and I usually don't. But there are things that women have to do to "look" young and beautiful. Why do we have to look young to be considered beautiful? Men get rugged and women get old, like Jess said. And as you said there is a HUGE difference in how we look with and without our makeup. This certainly is an interesting (odd) discussion. I think you have lived a lot more "life" than a lot of men your age. I don't think that was meant as an insult. You just don't want a bunch of old ladies flirting with you! JK...LOL You have a long way to go before you have to worry about the grey hair. AND since you are in NoCal the beach scene isn't really big there either unless you want to get eaten by a shark. LOL Even if it is, you have absolutely nothing to hide. By the time the weather is warm again you probably won't even be able to see those scars!

Speaking of NoCal, I must say that I do love the beaches around Eureka. My husband and I found a remote little beach near there that had entirely BLACK volcanic sand. It was awesome! My son tried to save a hermit crab there that had come out of his shell, and he dropped it into a tidal pool only to watch it get devoured by a spiny looking sea creature! Here I go again. Totally off topic. I just love the Northern California and Oregon coasts! I wish I could move to an Oregon coastal town...sigh...
                          Be happy!
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

I don't know why we're talking about that anyways. How about we forget all this and talk about, hmm let's see...scoliosis? Lol
                            Scoliosis? Well, that seems to be an appropriate topic for this forum. Bye, bye dreams of the beach! Sorry, John, for all the off topic stuff. I didn't mean to start a debate. Wait a minute, I didn't start the rugged discussion. I think we can blame that one on Ed...ED?
                            Be happy!
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                              That's EXACTLY what I mean! You guys have it good. As a woman, I don't want to do all that work, and I usually don't. But there are things that women have to do to "look" young and beautiful. Why do we have to look young to be considered beautiful? Men get rugged and women get old, like Jess said. And as you said there is a HUGE difference in how we look with and without our makeup. This certainly is an interesting (odd) discussion. I think you have lived a lot more "life" than a lot of men your age. I don't think that was meant as an insult. You just don't want a bunch of old ladies flirting with you! JK...LOL You have a long way to go before you have to worry about the grey hair. AND since you are in NoCal the beach scene isn't really big there either unless you want to get eaten by a shark. LOL Even if it is, you have absolutely nothing to hide. By the time the weather is warm again you probably won't even be able to see those scars!

Speaking of NoCal, I must say that I do love the beaches around Eureka. My husband and I found a remote little beach near there that had entirely BLACK volcanic sand. It was awesome! My son tried to save a hermit crab there that had come out of his shell, and he dropped it into a tidal pool only to watch it get devoured by a spiny looking sea creature! Here I go again. Totally off topic. I just love the Northern California and Oregon coasts! I wish I could move to an Oregon coastal town...sigh...
                              That's true. I guess women at young age have all those things to enhance the way they look, but as they get older, men get the upper hand. But not all men are good looking and handsome to pull off that Cary Grant syndrome thing Jess was talking about. More from my generation, I guess George Clooney would work in this case. Oh well. The weather has been really cold, but it's still sunny, so I guess it's good enough for December. I hate gloomy/rain weather in NorCal.

I seriously can't remember the last time I went to the beach here. The water is freezing and Santa Cruz is a good 40-45 minute drive from me, too lazy lol. I agree, when the weather gets warm again, my scars will be very hard to see and hopefully I will return to the gym. Can't wait, we are planning to go to Puerto Vallarta for a wedding in May, I can't WAIT for that lol.

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                              Scoliosis? Well, that seems to be an appropriate topic for this forum. Bye, bye dreams of the beach! Sorry, John, for all the off topic stuff. I didn't mean to start a debate. Wait a minute, I didn't start the rugged discussion. I think we can blame that one on Ed...ED?
                              Yup, it's all Ed's fault, but then again, it always is. I vote he gets banned : ) lol.
                              Last edited by JDM555; 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I agree, when the weather gets warm again, my scars will be very hard to see and hopefully I will return to the gym. Can't wait, we are planning to go to Puerto Vallarta for a wedding in May, I can't WAIT for that lol.

Yup, it's all Ed's fault, but then again, it always is. I vote he gets banned : ) lol.
                                Now that trip sounds FUN, although I've never had a desire to visit Mexico. I don't know why.

Hmmmm....ban Ed.....Na, he's too funny. LOL Besides, we don't want to start any more ban threads! LOL You have a good sense of humor. I'm just glad you are feeling so well. Take care!
                                Be happy!
                                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                                X