Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19 Year Old Male. Scoliosis Progressing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess

They sure are! In my case, after a few weeks, I had to break out the jackhammer.

I found that jackhammer to be Magnesium citrate oral solution. The Docs at my hospital didn't care for x-lax at all, and magnesium citrate works in 3 hours instead of 12 hours for x-lax. Of course, a Doctor needs consultation with this, even though its sold over the counter.

Opiate constipation probably was the most painful thing I ever endured, and I have passed kidney stones. I will never forget those events.

I will always keep a bottle in my medicine cabinet!

I didn't have the gas in the hospital as I had an Illus.

John
    Hang in there buddy, a few more days and you will go home.
    Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• you'll get there John!

Be nice to the "stupid nurses" and they will be kind to you !
      Just some advice from a "stupid nurse". ;-)
      I hope your pain is getting more in control. Yes your back will feel tight for quite some time. Good that your posture is better. Start eating some clear liquids if you aren't eating well yet.
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

• lol i didnt mean to be a mean person about those nurses but some of them pissed me off. one took 2.5 hours to replace the first IV she put it. It fell out and then she took forever to redo it. she was extremely annoying and poked me 4 times before getting it right. there are a lot of nice nurses here though. very little pissed me off.

anyways, im going to be taking xrays now and ill try to post pictures soon.

Comment

• Really late response

I was operated on T5-L3. I cant really tell a difference running or playing, other than I am not quite as flexible as before. But I still am able to play well enough.
          20 y/o male, had the fusion to "straighten my act up", and just trying to have a normal life again.

Comment

• Im getting discharged right now!!!!! My mom took pics of my back and I LOVE IT they look awesome!!!! Hahahahahah I'm sooooo happy Thank God for this working out. It was hard but worth it! Thanks guys I'll post pics tonight. Good thing is I didn't gain two or three inches just half an inch or less than an inch awesome awesome awesome my scar is small too. T9-L3!!!

Comment

• YAY! you get to go home! I'm happy the revision went well and now you're well on your way to recovering :}
              Maliha

Comment

• Hooray you get to go home. That is great news
                Melissa

Comment

• wow..seems quick! glad you are well enuf to go home!

hope it is easier to sleep now in your own bed, & that you get better & better as the days pass! cant wait to see the pix of your beautiful strong back!!

it is snowing for days here in new england...so be glad you dont have to deal with that too!!

best regards
                  jess

Comment

• Hah.......wooooow. Guess today is not a go. The surgeon said I was ready and I got dressed, took out the iv, finished packing and the medical doctor comes in saying I have a liver test due. Bloodclots that need to be checked.And last I have to get an echogram arhggahhggegeg damn

Comment

• oh well, you'll be home soon enuf...just try to rest...you cant rush these things! just think of all the years you have ahead of you with that beautiful strong back!!

you'll get home when you get home!

jess

Comment

• Jess is right, what's a day or two when you have the rest of your life to enjoy your new back? You're obviously doing great, but take care and don't rush the fitness side of things, there's plenty of time.

Can understand you wanting your own bed though!
                        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• YAY JOHN!!! Woo Hoooo!!!! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and almost out of there! So glad you liked the pics of your new back, too! Please post them as soon as you can so we can all see what we have to look forward to! Congrats!!!!! You give us all lots of hope for our own outcome!
                          Laura
                          62 degrees
                          49 yrs. young
                          Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

• Hey you are right I have plenty of years ahead of me. But It was perfextxct. Got the car. Got the pillows. Got dressed. Got meds prescription. Perfect weather. I was in good shape and energetic. Then as soon as I go the doctor says wait. You still need this this and this before you're ready. I was like pleassseeee lol. I had to get a new iv which was put in my left elbow so I can't use that arm. My hips and legs are more sore than my back. Hospital food sucks and the bed is gay. So I had to get everything off which meant almost dying from thenwrong arm movement while moving my left arm to take off the shirt. That hurt.....Realllly bad and is very sore now. My sister went to tahoe for the past couple of days and I wanted to surprise her at home. It sucks yeh but whatever I'll get through it with everyones prayers. And I'm tired but I can't sleep in this darn bed lol. Anyways I'm almost there. Halfway in my sleep they say they want to get pet xray. It's 10pm guys come on. Ho gets an xray at 10!?!? Lol

Comment

• Hey John
                              hosptials get xrays & all kinds of other things at 10p.m.....they're there 24/7...they dont care what hour it is, as i'm sure you are discovering!

well, glad you are getting whatever they feel you need before you go home! at least they wont be dragging you out of your comfortable bed after you're home to go here & there for this & that! get it done, get it finished, & then you'll get some rest at home...where you will probably rest better than the hospital, with all their noise & stuff going on!

thoughts & prayers for a safe trip when they finally spring you! be careful dressing...front zip clothes would probably be easiest..sweat pants maybe...watch that arm with the IV...

try to sleep after they are done x-raying you...
                              best regards
                              jess

Comment

• Hope u are doing better today! Hope you get to go home today and relax.
                                -Bethany
                                pre-op L 74*
                                pre-op Th 56*
                                surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
                                getting nervous

Comment

Working...
                                X